Respected Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Does Fiestware chip? I have Fitz and Floyd and they chip like crazy. I'm looking to replace my entire set of dinnerware. TIA

F&F is a totally different type of ceramic.  It's fired at a low temp so durability isn't going to be great.  Fiestaware is much tougher. 

Thanks. It looks like Macys has a sale right now so it might be a good time for me to buy new dinnerware.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

First of all, the proper place to put this post would have been in 'kitchen' or in 'Temp-tations', so before you get all wound up insulting the choices/decisions of others, think about the fact that you couldn't even pick a proper forum for your insulting and baiting post.

Then, consider the fact that ugly is in the eye of the beholder ('nuff said). I'm sure there is someone who might find things you own to be gaudy and cheezy. Wouldn't it be lovely of them to tell you so?

Why do people want anything? They want it because the like it, because they enjoy having/using it. They want it because they find it pretty or useful or comforting or inspiring?

If you truly wanted an answer to 'where do you put them all' or 'what's the popularity of these about' you'd have asked those things, and left out all the baiting insults. 

Honored Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Does Fiestware chip? I have Fitz and Floyd and they chip like crazy. I'm looking to replace my entire set of dinnerware. TIA

F&F is a totally different type of ceramic.  It's fired at a low temp so durability isn't going to be great.  Fiestaware is much tougher. 

Thanks. It looks like Macys has a sale right now so it might be a good time for me to buy new dinnerware.

Fiesta ware seems very sturdy.  All I have are some cups but I've picked it up in stores and a stack of plates is heavy.  I love the idea of mixing up the colors.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All I can say is:  "Thank heaven for Corningware" (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I bought a set of three square temptations baking dishes many years ago, and have used them often. No chips, no problems, and they are easy to clean. They nest inside each other, and are easy to store. 

I also splurged a few years ago, and bought a larger baking dish in a pointsettia pattern. That was a splurge, since it only gets used a few times a year, but it sure is pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just do not understand the popularity of these. They are gaudy, cheezy, and where do you put them all if  you have sets and sets of them?  Maybe someone who likes them will share why. I would not want them if they were free.

I don't like Temptations at all.  I've never been the slightest bit interested in owning any of the patterns I've ever seen, and I'm alarmed whenever I read about the cracking, crazing, etc.  So I wouldn't buy it and I wouldn't be thrilled to receive it as a gift.

HOWEVER  I completely understand that we all have different taste.  I'm sure I like a lot of things that other people would find unappealing. No one has to justify why they like something or offer any kind of explanation. If they like it, they buy it.  If not, they don't.  It's really as simple as that.  There's no need to talk down to people just because they have different likes and dislikes.

As for where people keep "sets and sets", where do people keep anything they like?  Not everyone has the same size kitchen or dining room.  And not everyone has "sets and sets".  I happen to have several sets of china, and I have enough room to store them all.  I think that's an odd question to ask.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the polka dot tea set which I love. And I have some of the bakers. That's all I'll ever want of Temptations. I have far too many dish sets as it is. Not only do I have my own, but I have my mom's Blue Danube, my Aunt's Franciscan Apple from the 50's, Some Faltzgraff, and a bunch of PotteryBarn accent plates for different seasons, and I have three sets of china. When you're an only child, you get everyone's things eventually.

Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

All I can say is:  "Thank heaven for Corningware" (!!)

I really enjoy my Corningware products too.  I have quite a few pieces of the old, US made, Pyroceram and have been using them for many years.  They are like new.

The TT products are aesthetically unappealing to me, but I know others like it.    My bigger complaint would be that it's not properly fired so that's why people have so many breaking, chipping, cracking, and crazing problems.   The old Corningware doesn't do that, nor does Fiesta, because they are properly made.

Choices!  Always good.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

First of all, the proper place to put this post would have been in 'kitchen' or in 'Temp-tations', so before you get all wound up insulting the choices/decisions of others, think about the fact that you couldn't even pick a proper forum for your insulting and baiting post.

Then, consider the fact that ugly is in the eye of the beholder ('nuff said). I'm sure there is someone who might find things you own to be gaudy and cheezy. Wouldn't it be lovely of them to tell you so?

Why do people want anything? They want it because the like it, because they enjoy having/using it. They want it because they find it pretty or useful or comforting or inspiring?

If you truly wanted an answer to 'where do you put them all' or 'what's the popularity of these about' you'd have asked those things, and left out all the baiting insults. 

Great post @Mominohio!

Honored Contributor

Someone said they are stoneware, does anyone know for sure if that's a fact?

I have their black bowls for Halloween and the cherry pie baking dish which is very cute, but they don't have the heft of stoneware.