Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I really hate to see posters put down something they know many others really love.....and then ask them why?????  If you don't like them, no need to put them down so pointedly.  I know we all have the right to our opinions but just hate to see others' tastes insulted.

I loved TT and gave many pieces as gifts...until one broke in two as I pulled a lasagna out of the oven.

They are cheap pieces of junk.

I started using my late mom's Corningware and Fiesta pieces - as good as they day they were made - in the USA - in the 1950s.

Esteemed Contributor

I think some of the colors/patterns are really pretty.  I only have one set of cranberry floral lace dinnerware and I love it.  I keep my dining room table set at all times and in the fall this is the pattern that I keep out.  

Trusted Contributor

Exactly.

I don't have a single piece of Temptations.  But, I think they're pretty, and can understand others collecting them, if they like the patterns and have uses for them.

Why in the world would anyone post something like the OP posted?

Simple answer.  To make trouble, and make others feel badly in some way.

I think something is  wrong with the personality of a person who feels the need to go out of their way to do post something like this.  Just a mean flaw in their personality if you know what I mean.

Contributor

I totally love my Temp-tations dishes. I love to bake, and I love to use them every single day, just seeing the dishes on the table and in my cabinets makes me happy. I enjoy the color options, I have a netural house and the red provides a great pop in my kitchen.

I get many complements when people come over for dinner and I love the floral lace pieces, but I've broadedned and got some of the old world pieces too, and eveything has been beautiful. I'd love to have Le Creuset pieces too but they are totally out of my budget. For me, the Temp-tations line makes everyday cooking a happy expereince. And I've found the stoneware cooks healthily, the best roasted vegetables have been those done on a lid-it!

Valued Contributor

To the OP - if you would not own one if given to  you free and you have such a dislike for the product, why do you even care why others own them?

Again, I do not understand the need to START a negative post, insulting all those who like, purchase and use the dishware and bakeware.  

Esteemed Contributor

I only have one set of 4, from when they first came out. I have them stacked and the lids to the side of the cabinet. I use them for the holidays and when I have people over for dinner. No chips on mine. 

Respected Contributor

Does Fiestware chip? I have Fitz and Floyd and they chip like crazy. I'm looking to replace my entire set of dinnerware. TIA

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Appearance aside, I wouldn't want to always be in fear of my cookware falling apart as I removed it from the oven, ruining a meal and creating a huge mess.

I've collected a pattern of Dansk dinnerware for about 25 years, have dropped and broken a few but it never chips.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just do not understand the popularity of these. They are gaudy, cheezy, and where do you put them all if  you have sets and sets of them?  Maybe someone who likes them will share why. I would not want them if they were free.

Caution: snark ahead.  OP, how it is that you cannot understand someone liking something you do not like, or someone who has a larger kitchen than you do?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Does Fiestware chip? I have Fitz and Floyd and they chip like crazy. I'm looking to replace my entire set of dinnerware. TIA

F&F is a totally different type of ceramic.  It's fired at a low temp so durability isn't going to be great.  Fiestaware is much tougher. 

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.