Honored Contributor

What were your best & worst ever jobs?

For me - hands down my best ever job was working at my family's bakery - I started there at age 16 and worked until my nursing school schedule just would no longer allow it. I often wonder why I decided to go to nursing school instead of keeping the bakery going for another generation. I absolutely loved every day I spent there.

Worst ever job - the one I retired from -acute dialysis unit in a large medical center.Horrid Horrid hours and on call 3 x a week. Horrible job.However, I worked with the best group of ladies I have ever known and for the very best boss in my career at that job. They are some of my best friends still.

Honored Contributor

Re: What were your best & worst ever jobs?

Worst job- telephone sales

best job- SAHM

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

During high-school (maybe even middle-school?) working holidays in the gift wrapping dept. of a major quality dept. store.  Wow, did the time fly by and also, lots (underline 'lots') of very, very, very appreciative husbands, boyfriends, fathers, etc.  In those days, I'm thinking that the gift wrapping was free because I don't recall ever taking cash and giving change.  It was so long ago..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Worst job - Insurance Account Exec which I left for the best job - being a full time mom.

Honored Contributor

One summer, jobs were hard to come by, and I  got a job in a lingerie factory. I was in the packing department, and it was hot, I was referred to as a G D. schoolgirl, and I went home every day with feathers in my nose and ears. Best job ? Every other job that I had.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Never worked at a job I didn't enjoy.  Some were boring but none were any worse than that!  Retired after 261/2 years with one company but did several different jobs with the company which kept it interesting!

Honored Contributor

Like Zhills, never had a job that I did not enjoy. 

Retired after 30+ yrs at a company where I worked myself from the bottom to the top doing a varity of different things.  I enjoyed each & every position I was in.

I didn't love my job(s) but I did enjoy them all as I was good at them.  Does that makes sense?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Best jobs: working at home, once with medical insurance, now with dental insurance

I had to sweep up puke at indoor amusement park.  That was the . worst part of the job.  The rest of the job was fun.

I was a dental assistant for 1 whole month.  I hated every minute of it.

I've worked in a factory, lumber yard, art company, fast food restaurant,  drug store.

Respected Contributor

I was 15 and lied about my age to get hired for a waitress job. Loved the tips, the customers, the co-workers. However, the management was awful. It was 1970. Lots of things were done then, that could never, legally,  happen now!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

My worst job was many years ago when I was working as a Kelly Girl in Washington, DC.  One of my assignments was at the World Bank.  When I reported for work the first morning, the HR person said, you speak fluent French right? WRONG!!!  They eventually figured out where I was supposed to go, but most of the people I worked with did not speak English very well and most of the phone calls I answered were the same way.  I think it was a month-long assignment, and I'm not sure if I was a help or a hindrance given the language barriers, since I really had a hard time figuring out what was being said.  Every day there was miserable, and  I was so glad when that assignment was up.

The good thing about working as a temp is that there is a time limit so you know there is an end in sight.  Most of my experiences as a temp were positive, but I still remember the look of irritation on the woman's face when I said I didn't speak any French!

All of my jobs since then have been enjoyable.