Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if and when Target will be having their annual Sunday before Xmas where gift cards in store and online are offered with a 10% discount up to spending $300?  I am thinking perhaps they wont have it this year, many thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, that's a great deal.  I haven't heard if or when it will be this year.

Honored Contributor

I've been looking also and can't find the date for the discount.  My guess is Dec. 6th, if they do it this year. 

Tomorrow morning I plan to be at Target when they open (7:00 AM) so I can get the 20% off total purchase coupon. If you spend $50 on Black Friday you get a coupon for 20% off a future total purchase. Last year I got the coupon, then did the gift card deal and then went and did a major stock up trip.  My plan tomorrow is to spend as close to $50 as I can and be quick about it.

20% off total purchase and using my 10% off gift cards to pay is a great deal. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I remember last year the gift card discount was on Dec 8, so the 6th sounds about right, but is a bit too late for Chanukah, that begins on the 10th, but it does last a week. 

Honored Contributor

I went to Target this morning.  They are not doing the 20% coupon deal this year.

I didn't ask about the gift card deal.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just read the fine print.....   my son gave me a Target gift card a few years ago.  I did not realize the card lost value every week it wasn't spent.  By the time I used it in spring, it was only worth about $2.   It was a $25 gift card.  

I don't know if Target still does this with its gift cards, but I haven't shopped at Target since.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Just read the fine print.....   my son gave me a Target gift card a few years ago.  I did not realize the card lost value every week it wasn't spent.  By the time I used it in spring, it was only worth about $2.   It was a $25 gift card.  

I don't know if Target still does this with its gift cards, but I haven't shopped at Target since.

I had that happen with a VISA gift card. When I tried to buy something, I said to the clerk that the card was for $75.00. It would not go through. Manager got involved and phone calls were made. About half an hour later, after talking to VISA, that is when we found out the card was no longer worth $75.00. 

Honored Contributor

I have never had a Target gift card lose value.

Honored Contributor

Re: Target Gift Cards ??

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

I have never had a Target gift card lose value.

I've never had a Target gift card long enough to lose value.  LOL

Target gift cards do not lose value.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Target Gift Cards ??

[ Edited ]

Target, Sears, and various other retailers used to have cards that lost value.  They made big profits because of it.  There was some controversary about it a few years back.  Customers complained and retailers had to stop doing it.

I didn't read the paragraph on the back of my gift card because, as it was pointed out by Target's customer service, the card clearly stated that it lost value if not used within so many weeks.  They pointed out it was my fault because I didn't read "the fine print."

@Bri369 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt