Honored Contributor
Do Target gift cards expire?
Target Store Gift Card Expiration Date: None of the Target gift cards have expiration dates. Target co-branded Visa®, MasterCard®, or American Express® do have an expiration date, but it should be able to be extended by making a phone call.
Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

Just read the fine print.....   my son gave me a Target gift card a few years ago.  I did not realize the card lost value every week it wasn't spent.  By the time I used it in spring, it was only worth about $2.   It was a $25 gift card.  

I don't know if Target still does this with its gift cards, but I haven't shopped at Target since.

@tototwo  That's terrible. I don't shop there. Just don't like their clothing, etc.

Was it a Target VISA or MC or AMEX card, these have exp dates, but usually good for years, I got one a few years ago and it is good thru 2025.
Honored Contributor

A few changes to the Target gift card deal this year.  They have upped the total to $500 in gift cards, which is great, but you need to be a Target Circle member to buy them. Circle is their free loyalty program and it's a good one.  I think you can sign up online,  I remember I did it in the store and it only took a minute. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Target Gift Cards ??

[ Edited ]

I just saw the updated rules too, we do have Circle.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Target Gift Cards ??

[ Edited ]

I went this morning, just after 7, and got my gift cards.

I saved the offer on the Target app on my phone and when I checked out I showed them the barcode.  I like going really early, because the store is not crowded.  I only saw 2 other shoppers. A quick in and out.  

I won't do crowds during the pandemic, but this was easy.

When I walked in the store, the employee at the door told me that they had sanitized every cart and every basket in the store last night.  I didn't need a cart, but I appreciated them telling me that.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Just placed my order for 4 cards to be mailed to me. 

Respected Contributor

DH recently found a $25 Target gift card that was given to him eight years ago. He went to the store and it was still worth $25.