Respected Contributor

It may be an easy way to price a product, but in retail stores they price by the size of the sheets.  I'll pass all day every day on their sheets for this reason.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

So unless you are buying king sized, everyone else is getting ripped off.

Not necessarily. If you do some pricing comparisons, so people are selling similar sheets where the TWIN set is over $100. So if these are under $90, then everyone is saving and the people buying Kings are saving more.

Or you can buy your twin sheets for less elsewhere if you find them for less elsewhere.

Just be a smart shopper, no matter what you're buying or who you're buying from.

Honored Contributor

There are brick & motor stores who price all sheet sizes the same.  I have been looking for sheets because I want to get away from the microfiber ones I have and go back to cotton or cotton/blend. 

One of the places I looked was Kohls.  The day I went, they had a number of sheet sets that were all the same price regardless of what size you needed.  And a lousy set of 275 TC sheets were $109.00!  

If I had a twin bed and thought the price was good for a set of twin sheets, which based on my shopping, the TSV price is good, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.  It wouldn't make a bit of difference to me that the other sizes were the same price. It just matters what the price is for the size I need.  If I thought they were too much for a twin set, I'd pass. 

It would be downright silly to pay more money than the TSV for a twin set of sheets just because all the sizes of the TSV are priced the same and another stores aren't. 

Honored Contributor

Other places do it, too.

I just ordered a set from here because they say it doesn't wrinkle easily.  I hate that and the latest set I bought gets huge wrinkles.  I can't stand that.

mattresses

Honored Contributor

Noel7 wrote:

Other places do it, too.

I just ordered a set from here because they say it doesn't wrinkle easily.  I hate that and the latest set I bought gets huge wrinkles.  I can't stand that.

mattresses

Took me a minute to 'get' the picture.  Smiley Happy

I looked at them, even though I don't need sheets.  Very very neutral on the colors.  But my issue is mostly that I tend to buy 'tone on tone' stripe sheets.  That way I get the fitted sheet on right the first time.  Smiley Happy

Due to limitations, putting sheets on my bed is a bit of a difficulty, so the last thing I need is trying to remember which way it goes.  Smiley Happy   Flat sheet is easy because it has the wider hem for the top. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Other places do it, too.

mattresses

Took me a minute to 'get' the picture.  Smiley Happy

I looked at them, even though I don't need sheets.  Very very neutral on the colors.  But my issue is mostly that I tend to buy 'tone on tone' stripe sheets.  That way I get the fitted sheet on right the first time.  Smiley Happy

Due to limitations, putting sheets on my bed is a bit of a difficulty, so the last thing I need is trying to remember which way it goes.  Smiley Happy   Flat sheet is easy because it has the wider hem for the top. 

@chickenbutt

I am The Princess & The Pea when it comes to bed Woman Very Happy . I don't like them too hard and I am picky about the sheets.  Someone once gave us a set of real satin sheets and the pillows and DH and I kept sliding off. 

They have to be smooth and soft.  When my new set gets a wrinkle/fold in it, I have to get up and straighten it out, it's uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV SHEETS......

[ Edited ]

Hey Noel!

OMG - back, I believe, in the 70s satin sheets were all the rage.  I got some satin sheets.  Even back then I loved black & red so I had a black & red bedroom (hey, I'm a Scorpio - what can i say!). 

Anyway, so I get these satin sheets - pillows won't stay on the bed.  Humans can't stay on the bed.  Just way too slick.  Kind of funny, in retrospect!  Smiley Happy

I'm a cotton girl!  Has to be good quality, ALL cotton and I'm good.  All my bedding is cotton.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hey Noel!

OMG - back, I believe, in the 70s satin sheets were all the rage.  I got some satin sheets.  Even back then I loved black & red so I had a black & red bedroom (hey, I'm a Scorpio - what can i say!). 

Anyway, so I get these satin sheets - pillows won't stay on the bed.  Humans can't stay on the bed.  Just way too slick.  Kind of funny, in retrospect!  Smiley Happy

I'm a cotton girl!  Has to be good quality, ALL cotton and I'm good.  All my bedding is cotton.

It is funny @chickenbutt  It's hilarious Woman LOL

That's when we got them, too.  I literally slid off one night.  What was really funny was watching DH try to manage staying in one place, lol.