Regular Contributor

Just an observation

Respected Contributor

You read my mind!    (not just TSV......there's overload on so many of the producs) 

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL wrote:

You read my mind!    (not just TSV......there's overload on so many of the producs) 

So true that, other than watching LOGO on Monday nights, I've gone to just looking ta the 24 hr product reviews!

Esteemed Contributor

You got that right.

Valued Contributor

Every day!

Respected Contributor

It is amazing to me.  Who in the world is buying the chair/hair product/computer/mixer/etc. the 15th presentation, who did not see it the first 14?  Who???

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

It is amazing to me.  Who in the world is buying the chair/hair product/computer/mixer/etc. the 15th presentation, who did not see it the first 14?  Who???

I think there are a lot of people. 

I rarely if ever am up to see the launch of a TSV.  I might flip over to QVC in the morning while I get ready but generally I'm out the door before the 7:55 a.m. presentation.  I might do a Q check later in the evening so I would just be seeing a presentation for the first time while others, if they are watching a lot, have seen it presented numerous times.

The Saturday they had the Perfector as the TSV, while I didn't watch any of the full presentations, everytime I flipped past QVC, that is what they were showing. 

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPheeThis post is the one that makes sense to me.  Complaining about the overload when  the products seem to keep right on selling to me is like complaining that the supermarket keeps right on giving a huge amount of cold space toward selling milk or a whole aisle to selling sliced bread.

As for who is watching or better yet buying on the fifteenth showing, I'd say buyers like me.   I'm fascinated by all the Vitamix presentations!  Doesn't matter that I know it's a totally stupid item for me to own.  I haven't even had a "dumb" blender for a decade!  So, maybe on the 55th presentation, I'll suddenly be a buyer.

QVC's problem, of course, is to find a balance between viewers and buyers.  I've never read the psychology on the repetition, but I do know from my training as a teacher that repetition is important - tempt, explain, review.  Without all three, nothing happens for most people.  Probably works differently for the shopping channels, but not by as much as we imagine.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV Overload

[ Edited ]

Amazing when a 3 hour Carolyn's Closet  show has 1.5 hours of a TSV wallet set.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Those of us who don't watch QVC 24/7? I've bought things in the last hour of a TSV because it was the first time I'd seen it. (I even bought one AFTER the last hour, because the TSV price is good until midnight Pacific time.)

I don't get overloaded by TSV presentations because I don't have QVC on all day. Most days I see zero TSV presentations.

How often they air a TSV presentation is not in our control, but how often we SEE those presentations is 100% within our control.