Respected Contributor

Are there actually people who have QVC on all day long?

Pathetic.

Esteemed Contributor

For me, the TSV overload is not only how often they show the item, but the one hour presentations on the same product!!! That is certainly one way of getting me to change the channel. I don't watch the channel all day, but it does seem that no matter when I click on the channel...there it is... another presentation of the TSV. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Double-D wrote:

Just an observation

Great. We'll build a dome over you and jam a telescope in your head. 

*I had to. It's a Rory and Paris quote from Gilmore Girls. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Overload

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Not re: the Q.: Sometimes it's counter-productive.  Namely, those pop-ups on our computers.  Or continuous mailings from a company.   Aggravating. 

Precisely, and then we take action to stop them, throw them away without opening, or, in the case of QVC, tune them out altogether. It's as though the TSV has become the 'junk mail' of home shopping.

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

For me, the TSV overload is not only how often they show the item, but the one hour presentations on the same product!!! That is certainly one way of getting me to change the channel. I don't watch the channel all day, but it does seem that no matter when I click on the channel...there it is... another presentation of the TSV. 

Again, precisely... The notion of casting a wide net to capture as big an audience of possibly interested and/or easily convinced viewers is one thing, the extreme overkill is something altogether different.

The TSV has always been a featured product, shown throughout the day, but it's only in recent years that they've elected to pound it and pound it and pound it. Coupled with a far narrower mix of products overall, the practice has led to extremely boring programming, whether one watches to be 'entertained' or is watching to shop...

If I'm somewhat interested in a product anyway, then perhaps this approach might convince me to buy, but sorry, nothing they can say or do is going to convince me to buy a product in which I simply have no interest and have no desire to own.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

That's it exactly. Like the Chi TSV.  It's a flat iron for crying out loud. Might have a few new bells and whistles, but we don't need to see endless demos. 

Esteemed Contributor

People who started watching the Q (like me) 15-20 yrs ago cannot stand all the boring products, long presentations, fast-talking hosts - and high prices. The Q used to be informative and entertaining, the hosts had a sense of humor and spoke slowly and clearly. I have stopped watching around 3-4 yrs ago. The show has gotten very annoying - so I'm glad they're still making money - but not from me.