Honored Contributor

QVC has become a regular Department of Redundancy Department...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

It is amazing to me.  Who in the world is buying the chair/hair product/computer/mixer/etc. the 15th presentation, who did not see it the first 14?  Who???

Those of us who don't watch QVC 24/7? I've bought things in the last hour of a TSV because it was the first time I'd seen it. (I even bought one AFTER the last hour, because the TSV price is good until midnight Pacific time.)

I don't get overloaded by TSV presentations because I don't have QVC on all day. Most days I see zero TSV presentations.

How often they air a TSV presentation is not in our control, but how often we SEE those presentations is 100% within our control.

I agree.

I'm kind of interested in today's Chi product and I seldom sit down for extended lengths of time to watch QVC.  I've seen parts of 2 presentations and I would like to see one more to help me make my decision.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

Repetition to cast a wide net is one thing, endless, repeated presentations of the same handful of items in an endless loop is something altogether different... If it's truly working for them then that's up to them, but it isn't working for me, and it's a big reason QVC is rarely on at my house anymore and why they aren't selling me even a small percentage of the goods they once did. If that's part of their oft touted 'business plan' then I'd have to question the efficacy of their business plan. You'd think part of the plan would be to retain customers, not drive them away due to the glaring lack of variety and boredom.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Did you read The New York Times article on David Venable this past summer?  It explained that a key feature in the QVC selling plan is to demonstrate a product over and over again.  Demonstration is the backbone to a successful sales figure.  I bought a Vitamix after seeing it demo'd and I've used it twice in about three years.  So I am one of those shoppers they repeatedly show the product for.  I love to see the cooking TSVs but haircare - not so much ...  

Respected Contributor

I don't watch QVC as a rule, but I do have a habit of checking the TSV on both shopping channels when I boot up my computer first thing every morning.  If it's something interesting, I'll watch the video.  That's really all I need to make up my mind.  And thankfully, I'm spared the endless live presentations.

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

Did you read The New York Times article on David Venable this past summer?  It explained that a key feature in the QVC selling plan is to demonstrate a product over and over again.  Demonstration is the backbone to a successful sales figure.  I bought a Vitamix after seeing it demo'd and I've used it twice in about three years.  So I am one of those shoppers they repeatedly show the product for.  I love to see the cooking TSVs but haircare - not so much ...  

Exactly.  The more someone watches something being shown, the more likely they are to start to think they need that item and then they end up buying it.

There are so many things on ALL the shopping channels that are really out there IMO and I would bet my last dollar that if we saw the item on a store shelf, we'd walk right by without giving it a second glance.  Or perhaps we'd look at it and think how silly and put it back. 

But when you are watching extended presentations, it isn't so silly anymore.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

Posts like these continue to leave me befuddled.  QVC programs across multiple time zones where millions of viewers tune in throughout the day.  QVC (nor any other shopping channel) does not and cannot program for those people who want to sit at home all day to watch a shopping channel because they are bored or have nothing better to do.

Retailers such as QVC exist to make money -- not entertain us.  Their business model appears to be working.  For those of us who get bored with the presentations, most of us have dozens of other channels on our televisions, access to the internet, plus a plethora of other productive activities we could be doing.

Those who are bored or tired of the repeated presentations must realize that he rest of us do not watch television on their schedule.  The world does not revolve around them.  do something other than complain like you are being held hostage by your televisions.

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Amazing when a 3 hour Carolyn's Closet  show has 1.5 hours of a TSV wallet set.

I was disappointed also. I don't always get to see this show and was looking forward to it, but it focused too much on the TSV wallet. I never have luck with fabric wallets. The interiors always deteriorate on me within months. 

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Overload

[ Edited ]

Not re: the Q.: Sometimes it's counter-productive.  Namely, those pop-ups on our computers.  Or continuous mailings from a company.   Aggravating. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

It is amazing to me.  Who in the world is buying the chair/hair product/computer/mixer/etc. the 15th presentation, who did not see it the first 14?  Who???

Me!  Lately I don't have the TV on until maybe 7 p.m (PST).  I'm sure there are plenty of people that aren't watching Q all day.