Honored Contributor

TO GET RID OF THE APP POP UP, CLICK ON CONTINUE TO MOBILE WEB AND IT WILL DISAPPEAR

[ Edited ]

If the new app pop up is a problem, click on "Continue to Mobile Web" and it will disappear. Thanks to DooBdoo for this suggestion. 

Honored Contributor

Re: TO GET RID OF THE APP POP UP, CLICK ON CONTINUE TO MOBILE WEB AND IT WILL DISAPPEAR

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, @Mindy D!😊

Here's the illustration from Q Talk and Suggestion Box, for clarification since I think this new one has understandably been confused with the older ones which are smaller and easier to remove:

If you're seeing this enormous QVC promotion for their app (screenshot below is from my iPad)

try tapping on "Continue to Mobile Web"

which I highlighted with a blue arrow

(the tiny words below the red "GET" box).

If that doesn't remove it, go to the mobile browser settings and delete all cookies/cache/website data to see if that eliminates it.  

From my trial-and-error, the usual adblocking or pop-up blocking settings and mobile apps are not preventing this.  
I have them enabled but even so this appeared at the top of the page.

For those who aren't seeing it on your mobile devices, I included the top part of the Community

as it appears directly below the ad

to illustrate scale.  

It's quite large, to put it mildly, and there's no "X" on it to delete the box.

Seems to me the website isn't displaying the same things for everyone.

QVCGetTheApp.jpeg

It's nice of you to let everyone know, so thank you
@Mindy D!

Greetings to all on this Friday evening.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Re: TO GET RID OF THE APP POP UP, CLICK ON CONTINUE TO MOBILE WEB AND IT WILL DISAPPEAR

Then what?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bcherry01 wrote:

Then what?

@bcherry01,  It just goes away, and you can resume what you were doing.   Did you try it?  I hope it works for you!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Yes.  I tried.  It still comes back.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bcherry01 wrote:

Yes.  I tried.  It still comes back.  

@bcherry01,

Did you try the next step, deleting all browser cookies/cache/website data?   

What kind of device are you using?

I'm using an iPad 6th generation, iPadOS 14.6.

If you're using Safari:

Settings-->Safari-->Clear History and Website Data

and

Advanced-->Website Data-->Remove All Website Data.

I noticed the Brave browser on my iPad doesn't allow the pop-up at all, by the way, so that might be an option -- the more I use Brave, the more I like it.

I hope that helps!😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Worked for me on two IPads.

Honored Contributor

@bcherry01 wrote:

Then what?

@bcherry01 @The only thing that happens when you click on those words is that the giant ad to get the app will go poof. You will stay right here.

Respected Contributor

FWIW, I'm also able to simply swipe it up/scroll past it on my iPad in Safari. Like it just stays at the top of the page then. In case that helps anyone else!

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo   Thank you so much for your very explicit help - it worked thank goodness.