Respected Contributor

How do I get rid of that?  It is so irritating.  I know there is an app.   I have tons of apps on my iPhone and iPad.  I don't use nor want to use the QVC app.  I don't want a reminder that it's available.  I want to come here without having a full page ad for the app every few seconds.

Honored Contributor

Re: Even Better on the App

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal@SeaMaiden,

If you're seeing this enormous QVC promotion for their app (screenshot below is from my iPad)

try tapping on "Continue to Mobile Web"

which I highlighted with a blue arrow

(the tiny words below the red "GET" box) 

and it should vanish.

If that doesn't remove it, go to the mobile browser settings and delete all cookies/cache/ website data to see if that eliminates it.  

From my trial-and-error, the usual adblocking or pop-up blocking settings and mobile apps are not preventing this.  
I have them enabled but even so this appeared at the top of the page.

For those who aren't seeing it on your mobile devices, I included the top part of the Community

as it appears directly below the ad

to illustrate scale.  

It's quite large, to put it mildly, and there's no "X" on it to delete the box.

Not everyone is seeing this.
Seems to me the website isn't displaying the same things for everyone.

QVCGetTheApp.jpeg

I hope this helps!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : Thank you. This helped me and got rid of this irritating thing.🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@dooBdoo : Thank you. This helped me and got rid of this irritating thing.🤗❤️

You're welcome, @SouthernBee!🤗❤️

I can't imagine what they are thinking -- that thing is awfully big.😳

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo : With all the issues trying to sign on for the forums no way that I would try the QVC app.😀❤️

Esteemed Contributor

I have the app on my iPad and it works great.  

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thanks.  I use google instead of safari.  I finally logged out and came back in and no giant promo.  I hope it stays that way.  

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Thanks.  I use google instead of safari.  I finally logged out and came back in and no giant promo.  I hope it stays that way.  

You're welcome, my friend!  I saw it once using the Google Chrome app on my iPad, so far haven't seen it using the Brave mobile browser.   It's sporadic -- I can manage to make it go away when it does pop up but can't be sure it won't show up again.

I think it's a horrible way to try and promote the app -- to promote anything, for that matter, but what do I know.🙃😜😉

Thanks for the follow up and helpful information, @Bridgegal!   Always good to see you.  I hope you have a peaceful and pleasant afternoon and evening!😊

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thanks to you.  You are always so helpful with my many apple products questions.   I really appreciate it.