Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~~TMZ reporting on their show some interesting things about Robert Durst and his arrest.~~

I also watched the whole documentary on HBO.

His story was that he struggled with his friend to take the gun away from him and the gun went off accidentally.

When he was asked what he did after that, he said he had to get rid of the body in his apartment because people in LA and NY were still after him, so since he didn't have the physical strength to carry him out, he decided to dismember him. THAT'S when I thought "aha, he just admitted it now and will be found guilty"......

BUT, his attorney told the jury that since the gun went off accidentally, he didn't kill the man. They just had to consider the fact that he dismembered him and he admitted he did it and he gave the reason why. He was afraid to get involved in this man's death since he was already in trouble with the other two..

They were not to consider murder at all and they actually "understood" why he did what he did. Durst was trying to save the man's life by taking the gun away from him. Incredible!!!

When they heard that he went to Walmart to pick up a woman's blouse and purse, they laughed.

Super Contributor

Re: ~~TMZ reporting on their show some interesting things about Robert Durst and his arrest.~~

On 3/21/2015 croemer said:

Hi moon, yes I did here Judge Jeanine discussion last night about how they used her as a villain and he cut and ran to get away from her jurisdiction.

hi croemer! yes when the defense attorneys presented their case to the jury, they weighed heavily on Jeanine Pirro, THAT WOMAN from NEW YORK who is after Robert Durst for political gain. And of course he wants to get away from her and disguise himself. ( I take their spiel as Those horrible New Yorkers!!)

of course they selected the jurors and found 12 suggestible, nice but naïve folks...at least one of them, a man, not fearful to go on camera, still believing in Dursts' innocence .

This is such a twisted case....if you ever get a chance to see "All Good Things" - very good fictionalized reenactment of Durst and Kathleen's relationship up to when she went missing and also some of the TX story...

Super Contributor

With the rabid media attention and speculation, I'm surprised he hasn't been linked to the Lindbergh kidnapping. I'd also be surprised if he actually stands trial given his physical and mental issues.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 OC FRESH said:

On the radio yesterday, I heard the host interview the judge who sat on that case.

She said that it was the prosecution's fault that the jury voted not guilty because they felt they had the case locked up. She said you should never assume you have a slam dunk case and that you should fight like your case doesn't have a chance.

So there was a overly confident prosecution and Durst hired the best lawyers who convinced the jury that chopping up the dead body was really unimportant.

There was a lot more she talked about like running into Durst at a mall.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Yes this was discussed on Dateline Thursday, very fascinating interview.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 sophiamarie said:

I also watched the whole documentary on HBO.

His story was that he struggled with his friend to take the gun away from him and the gun went off accidentally.

When he was asked what he did after that, he said he had to get rid of the body in his apartment because people in LA and NY were still after him, so since he didn't have the physical strength to carry him out, he decided to dismember him. THAT'S when I thought "aha, he just admitted it now and will be found guilty"......

BUT, his attorney told the jury that since the gun went off accidentally, he didn't kill the man. They just had to consider the fact that he dismembered him and he admitted he did it and he gave the reason why. He was afraid to get involved in this man's death since he was already in trouble with the other two..

They were not to consider murder at all and they actually "understood" why he did what he did. Durst was trying to save the man's life by taking the gun away from him. Incredible!!!

When they heard that he went to Walmart to pick up a woman's blouse and purse, they laughed.

I know...just unreal that a jury could believe this scenario. Guess you had to be there...but I can't wrap my mind around it.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 moonstone dunes said:
On 3/21/2015 croemer said:

Hi moon, yes I did here Judge Jeanine discussion last night about how they used her as a villain and he cut and ran to get away from her jurisdiction.

hi croemer! yes when the defense attorneys presented their case to the jury, they weighed heavily on Jeanine Pirro, THAT WOMAN from NEW YORK who is after Robert Durst for political gain. And of course he wants to get away from her and disguise himself. ( I take their spiel as Those horrible New Yorkers!!)

of course they selected the jurors and found 12 suggestible, nice but naïve folks...at least one of them, a man, not fearful to go on camera, still believing in Dursts' innocence .

This is such a twisted case....if you ever get a chance to see "All Good Things" - very good fictionalized reenactment of Durst and Kathleen's relationship up to when she went missing and also some of the TX story...

Yes I have seen it mentioned before(All Good Things) sounds like a must see. TY!

Esteemed Contributor

Someone, please tell me what "All Good Things" is - a movie, a documentary????? How can i find it on TiVo??? What channel is it on, etc?????

TIA Smile

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 sophiamarie said:

Someone, please tell me what "All Good Things" is - a movie, a documentary????? How can i find it on TiVo??? What channel is it on, etc?????

TIA Smile

It's a movie, rather loosely based on the Robert Durst story. Yes, you can find it on your Tivo. Just search it and you'll see the choices. It's on Amazon Prime AND Netflix. I recently watched it on Netflix.

If you have a Roku3, it's faster than Tivo (I love my Tivos but that fact remains) so I searched it through my Tivo and then went to Netflix on my Roku3 to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

CB: Thanks a heap. I found it and will watch it when I finish up all the other Durst flicks I haven't gotten to yet.......

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 sophiamarie said:

CB: Thanks a heap. I found it and will watch it when I finish up all the other Durst flicks I haven't gotten to yet.......

Smile

Glad to help. Smiley Happy

Oh, I know. So many magazine shows. I watched one the other day and I have a couple more recorded.