Honored Contributor

Just heard the tickets are going for $6,500.

Who in the name of Heaven is willing to pay that kind of money for that?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Just heard the tickets are going for $6,500.

Who in the name of Heaven is willing to pay that kind of money for that?

Most real fans can't afford those tickets, it is a corporate crowd. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  That's the cheap tickets.  I've heard the better seats are close to $100,000.  I don't understand where so many people get so much money for such a frivolous purpose.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

After making the same comment:

Somebody just today said to me that that's the average price.  That some people paid 40K for tickets.

Also, that the least expensive is approx. $1,400.

Now, don't quote me on this.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Wow!   $100K.  Oh my gosh...........

Well, I guess that people from all around the world are attending, too, who have more than enough $$$$.

'Who would have thought'...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

It is a corporate thang. Sadly. Some of the KC Royals baseball players are going to the game -- but say they were given tickets by KC Chiefs organization. Go Chiefs. I do remember, as a kid, Chiefs winning 50 years ago. My brother and dad stood the entire game. My dad's reason to buy color TV.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

What kills me is the big wigs don't pay a penny.

The more money you have the less you pay for anything.

Honored Contributor

BIL and Nephew went to super bowl LII in Minnesota. Their tickets were about $4000 or $5000 each. They are big fans and it was worth it to them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember Lorenzo Cain (now playing baseball with Milwaukee Brewers) said, as a KC Royal, the rich just keep getting richer. He said he wasn't referring to his own life, but what he's seen as he's been around people with money. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Who is willing to pay? Some are long-time fans. It's not frivolous to them, although it may be to you and me.