Honored Contributor

There's never an empty seat.  Wealthy people and corporations purchase the tickets and probably some people who are ardent fan of a team and it's once in a lifetime opportunity so they just take money out of savings or an investment account and just    .go for it.  

Esteemed Contributor

One of my coworkers always got 2 college bowl tickets as an alum.  He would go and sell the other one.  Covered airfare/hotel/food.  

Honored Contributor

I know some people who went,  one it was when the Giants won and they decided to go, after having season tix, 

the other couple wanted to go to a Super bowl 

Honored Contributor

'The 1%'?

Honored Contributor

I never speculate on "who has money".    Went to the Humane Soc Thrift today.......and parked between a Jag and a Lexus

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Just heard the tickets are going for $6,500.

Who in the name of Heaven is willing to pay that kind of money for that?

A person who love football and has the money.

Honored Contributor

It would be a lot but the tickets are $6500, not $65,000.  I can certainly see someone forfeiting their summer vacation or summer rental to go to the Superbowl, if they were lucky enough to actually get tickets.  

Respected Contributor

For some folks, attending the Superbowl is a lifelong dream!

When the Philly Eagles won their one and only Superbowl in 2018, not only were the tickets in high demand even though quite expensive (up to $50,000.00!), but almost all private planes in the area were booked up by eager fans who made their way to the venue, no matter the cost.

It is all a case of priorities in spending.

I am sure many of us have spent the cost of a Superbowl ticket by years of shopping on the Q!

Honored Contributor
Outrageous. What is more outrageous is what they charged for a 30 second commercials...over a million bucks...and so far, I am not impressed with any of them
Honored Contributor

Re: Super Bowl Tickets

[ Edited ]

I drive a Lexus and go to thrift stores once a week . Love going and looking for things I have never seen before.  Btw, had a Jag....it spent more time in the repair shop than I did driving it.  Never again.