Honored Contributor

Re: Super Bowl... Do You Watch the Game, Only the Commercials, Half Time or None?

Football season is my favorite season of the year!!   I grew up in a football family and I love the sport.  I have always watched the entire game, along with commercials (though they are not nearly as good as they once were) and the half time show.  I don't always like the performers but it's part of the big day!    And stress free for me today as my beloved Patriots are not in it Smiley Sad     So I am neutral on who wins, I wish both teams the best of luck.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Super Bowl... Do You Watch the Game, Only the Commercials, Half Time or None?

I probably won't watch either, as I'm not much of a football fan. And, even if I was,all the pre-game hype is a real turn-off.  The commercials used to be creative and fun but now they're mostly stupid.  

Respected Contributor

I watch all of it! Game, commercials and the half time show! I will be sad next Sunday! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gave up watching or caring about professional sports years ago for many reasons. Here are just a few:

-people I know and love turn into idiots and scream like banshees at the TV. 

-the athletes generally can't put a sentence together. To wit, years ago  there was a famous interview with ball player Kirby Puckett and all he could say was "hey man hey man hey man", ridiculous. Besides that, do we really care that they've anything to say?

-the NFL has gotten just too "expensive" for me, in more ways than one.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I'm only there for the snacks.   Woman Very Happy

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Major sports and NFL fan since childhood. I watch all kinds of sports and listen to sports talk daily. All that matters is the game.

Sad that some think all athletes are dumb. They are not.
Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe agreed! My pm@r physician is retired linebacker from the nfl. He is amazing! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I watch football all season so I'll definitely be watching the Super Bowl for the game and the commercials. I'm barbecuing early this afternoon and making sides in a bit. 

And I'll be watching wearing my Cowboys Tee. 

Editing to add photo. Just finished grilling now making sides. 

D25E7112-3249-410A-9705-2D21FA09C69B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I don't watch any of it.  Not interested in the game, the halftime show, or the commercials.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a football fan so I don't watch the game but I used to watch the commercials. In the last few years they have become truly stupid so I'm no longer interested in any of it.  If someone I like is in the halftime show I'll watch. Rihanna isn't one of my faves, so I'll skip it this year.