Honored Contributor

Submarines, elevators and bridges

Two recent shows had subs mentioned in them.  Don't think I could do that.  Not crazy about elevators or bridges either.  (Enclosed areas).  Seems like someone mentioned that an MRI or CT scan machine in hospitals, was hard for them in such a closed in area. 

Do you have any uncomfortable feelings in any of those?  Don't mean the subs so much as the others.  Unless.....   

Or do you have places you feel uncomfortable in?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Submarines, elevators and bridges

I have no desire to be on a cruise ship.

Roblox Titanic Sinking Karina Omg - Best Free Roblox Exploits 2019

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like heights.  If I'm in a skyscraper, I stay away from the windows or don't look out of them.  The glass elevator at the mall is hard for me.  When flying, I take an aisle seat.  I soldier through unavoidable height situations but if I can avoid something, I do.  I also have a sunflower phobia that I have had since I was 3 or 4.  

Esteemed Contributor

Difficult to avoid elevators when working on the 55th floor of a high rise, but I avoid them if it's crowded (for various reasons.)

The original World Trade Center express elevators were terrific:  they were extremely roomy and made express stops so you would transfer to a local (similar to the subway.)

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

In addition to ocean liners and cruise ships...

My family left Chicago when I was ten and moved West.  I've lived in Arizona, California and New Mexico.

As much as I love mountains, there are some mountain roads I choose to avoid.

The Cliff Road - Growing 4 Life

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Two recent shows had subs mentioned in them.  Don't think I could do that.  Not crazy about elevators or bridges either.  (Enclosed areas).  Seems like someone mentioned that an MRI or CT scan machine in hospitals, was hard for them in such a closed in area. 

Do you have any uncomfortable feelings in any of those?  Don't mean the subs so much as the others.  Unless.....   

Or do you have places you feel uncomfortable in?  

@qualitygal   I had an MRI a couple years ago.  Hopefully I will never need another one.  I Never realized how claustrophobic I am until had it done.  It was 40 minutes in an enclosed tube.  Never again.  

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I agree. I'm more comfortable in the water than on it. (Well, warm water anyway.) I've always been a swimmer and I'm comfortable in the water but get very nervous on a boat, large or small.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal  I'm with you. Any enclosed space or high place. Tunnels, bridges, mountainside roads, elevators, airplanes. In the 70s we traveled through the Grimsel Pass in Switzerland in a VW bug during a snowstorm in July. My DH and brother were having a high old time. It was all I could do to try to take in the amazing scenery. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like heights. I flew once, i can say I did, never again.  Being at 30/35 thousand feet in a gas can with wings holds no allure. Also being trapped with 3 kids kicking the back of my seat for 1200 miles is no fun.

High bridges, nope.  High narrow roads with just one piddly rail, nope.  

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee   Looking at that mountain road made me feel slightly dizzy and sick to my stomach!    Much like I feel when crossing large bridges.