Honored Contributor

Stupid question: Why, when a thread has been removed, does..

the moderator mark it as "Moved" instead of "Removed?"  

Just curious...

Honored Contributor

Re: Stupid question: Why, when a thread has been removed, does..

[ Edited ]

This is just a (semi-educated) guess but there is probably an area that is not accessible to posters, only employees, where 'moved' stuff goes.

ETA - I would also surmise that older stuff is cleaned out so it's not just some big old growing place of deleted stuff.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Just curious...

@faeriemoon wrote:

Just curious...

I'm not stupid and i have the ame question. Why?

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

sorry, I meant to say "same" not ame. Guess I am stupider than I thought as now I couldn't find "edit". LOL

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt is probably correct.  It is still "here", but in a moderation forum, where mods can review the posts and keep track of issues, problems, etc

They could have not marked it as "moved" and have it disappear but then people would complain where is my thread? 

so, those moved threads, with all of its glory, are probably still here for moderators to take action on.  Same with individual posts, I would think.

I know on forums that I moderated, all abuse complaints would go into a ticketing system where mods could discuss the issues and what to do with the post & poster.  This is all recorded into a database so any moderator can search on key words and posters names.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have such a system here as well.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Just curious...

I think it's a function of the forum software. If you REMOVE (Delete) a post or thread, there's no way to leave a message behind because the post you would leave it on no longer exists. And we've asked that the mods leave a message behind to explain why something went away. If you MOVE something, it leaves a place behind and you can leave a message in that space. That's my best guess, I don't know if I'm right.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually wish they would just remove the thread completely, rather than leave the message that they do because I usually have no idea which thread they've deleted and I think to myself, "Oh darn, I missed all the fun again". Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Citrine2 wrote:

I actually wish they would just remove the thread completely, rather than leave the message that they do because I usually have no idea which thread they've deleted and I think to myself, "Oh darn, I missed all the fun again". Smiley Sad

Yeah, but the bummer about that is all the people who will start additional threads whining about 'where did my thread go?'.  This, IMO, is worse than just seeing the title and that it was moved to 'Modland'.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think it's a generic tag.

I like seeing that they've removed posts myself.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Me too, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.