Respected Contributor

Tonight on NBC Nightly News there was a story about an 8 year old boy named Zion.  When he was a toddler his lower legs and hands were amputated.  He is now the first double hand transplant.

I pray things continue to go well for this brave little boy.

Zion

Esteemed Contributor

I read about that about an hour ago and it is so amazing. Could you imagine? Wow. Hands? That's amazing. He looks so excited too. He wants to throw a football and have his sister run to him so he can swing her around. What a kid.

Super Contributor

I saw that on the news tonight, too.  It was a wonderful story.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

We saw a story about that brave little boy.

I love his name.

Nice thread @muttmom.❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

the firt thing you have to get past is amazement that science/medicine can do this.........then it hits you that that is ONE STRONG little boy....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

What a great story.  What a cute and spunky kid. I hope it won't be long before he can pick his sister up and swing her around.  I thought that was so sweet.

Trusted Contributor

Spent time in heavy pray for him to have an incredible, complete recovery with a happy and healthy future for years to come.

Blessings to his entire family.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

It's so nice to see some good news for a change.  How amazing this is!  He's such a darling child, and I thought the interview with him was so touching.  Let's all pray this works.  And huge blessings to the donor family.  

Honored Contributor

So very happy for this precious little one.  He is just adorable and strong.Heart

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Re: Zion gets new hands

[ Edited ]

What an uplifting story.  I hope these hands serve Zion well and that he does great things with them.