Honored Contributor

Yay ! 2 days that will be over !  96` in Tx. not really into looking at xmas trees and ge gaws to put on it. I barely have money for the holiday in Dec. don't want to think about it in July.

4_1_202.gif

Super Contributor

I agree with sharke. I think it's wrong to skip all the other basic holidays. I can't speak to any but those I always celebrated when I was growing up, and I refuse to give them up as I am a senior now.

Our year starts with New Years, then Valentines Day, then St Patricks Day, then Easter, then the 4th of July, then Back to school (not a real holiday but as a teacher who loves to teach, it's a happy time when school starts), then Labor Day, then Halloween, and Thanksgiving.

I resent that Thanksgiving is almost written off the calender. We should be thankful every day but at least devote one day to Thanksgiving. I decorate for every holiday, and I don't have Christmas trees in July when it's 102 degrees!

If I go in a store that already has Christmas decorations up, I turn around and walk out.

I'm sorry, but people have become slaves to the almighty dollar, and I prefer to ignore and get out my wonderful decorations from all the years past for each real holiday and not skip any.

tea

Super Contributor

It's not over, there will be Christmas shows in August and September, it will be all Christmas by October.  The good thing, Christmas return policy begins mid September!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Xmas in July

[ Edited ]

I turn off all the Christmas shows. So tired of them.

Made in China junk.

Honored Contributor

LOL  I don't have any more money now then I will have in Dec. LOL

Frequent Contributor
How about all the winter clothes and coats they been ramming down our throats does that upset you also? Makes me disgusted but good thing I don't have time to watch tv in summer so many other things to enjoy.
Honored Contributor

Yep, I complained about that too. It's 96 in Tx. not really feeling jackets and fleece lined barn jackets, BUT, saying that I did fall for a Linea sweater LOL I was so tickled I got my size and color that I went ahead and bought it.

If you snooze you lose in Linea line. I hate waitlist.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

LOL  I don't have any more money now then I will have in Dec. LOL

Most of us don't, but I do find it's easier if I buy one present a month instead of buying many presents in one month.

Esteemed Contributor

This is why many of us dislike Christmas in July, it is not one day, it will go on continuously from now until Christmas Eve.

Valued Contributor

The one good thing is it's forced me to start thinking and budgeting for the holidays now.  So I've been planning to spread my present buying out between now and December so it's not such a shock to the wallet!

The local stores have lots of good sales going already with back to school gearing up!