Honored Contributor

I use Chromecast and just use my phone or tablet to cast to the tv.  Chromecast is about $30 and it's a little device just like a USB or jump drive except it plugs into the HDMI port in back of your tv. Unless your TV is ancient, you should have one back there.  

Download the chromecast app to your computer, phone or tablet, open it and it will connect it to your wifi.  Voila, you are ready to cast.  

Open Netflix or any of the other apps that work with it, hit the box and tell it you want it on your tv instead of your device and you are good to go.  

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies.  We do have an Xbox 360 and a Wii that I could use to stream but I think it might be too complicated without my kids around to do the connecting.

I think I will go ahead and purchase Chromecast from Amazon.  Thanks again.

Valued Contributor

I have an amazon fire stick on one TV and a Roku on another.

I bought the firestick when it was on sale for $19, I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price.

Honored Contributor

@birddrops wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies.  We do have an Xbox 360 and a Wii that I could use to stream but I think it might be too complicated without my kids around to do the connecting.

I think I will go ahead and purchase Chromecast from Amazon.  Thanks again.

The NetFlix app is available in the store section for download.  Once it's done, all you have to do is sign in.

Honored Contributor

I use Tivo, but I can also stream it on my PS3. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor
It was on my smart tv, also available on my ipad. I binged Orange is the New Black, now binging House of Cards and Bloodlines.
Respected Contributor

@birddrops wrote:

What is everyone currently using for streaming to tv?  I have used Boxee for years, but I guess they are defunct now.  My son said to use Chromecast.

Any other ideas or reviews of Chromecast?

I love Chromecast.   I don't use it that often (busy) but I love streaming to my TV!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

My daughter got a Chromecast,

Sometimes I use and HDMI cable but that can be fiddley to connect and obvi your laptop needs to have an HDMI

wondering how much a Chromecast is.

30 bucks at Best Buy....worth every penny, IMO.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

I use ROKU