Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

Not that I've ordered in my sleep but when I've stayed over at my best friends house (we are both avid Q online shoppers) we are always up late hours !!  So I get email stating I ordered something and I'll say "did I order something" she'll say well you did!!! I cancel right away if it's something I meant to put in wish list or just a "duh" moment 🙄😏

Hopefully you can straighten it out but honestly the VB weekender tote is the best thing I ever bought! Not a VB person but boy that holds a lot and I use it everytime I travel anywhere! (I bought from VB site for much less though)

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

No, I did not place an order that day.  My CC # and PIN are in my computer but no one has been in the house except me and a password is needed to sign in on my tablets and computers.  The order listed my shipping address.  The order is being processed but couldn't be stopped.  No explanation from CS.  I also did not receive an order confirmation as I usually do.

You need to call your credit card company.  Just because you have a password sign-in on your computer and tablet doesn't mean your card can't be hacked.

Someone hacked her card and bought a relatively inexpensive item and had it sent.....to her?   That's not likely.  It's more likely that she was browsing .com and got distracted and inadvertently touched that quick order button.  

Agreed.

Valued Contributor

Hmmm strange indeed!  But even if Kachina inadvertently clicked speed buy, she would still have to submit the order.  And since she never even browsed those products and doesn't care for the brand, I don't see how she wouldn't remember clicking on the item, then speedy buy, then submit order.  My guess is that this may have been a bungled phone order that should have gone on someone else's account.  I really have no solid explanation for how that would happen, but I guess anything's possible if there was a newbie CS rep who got a phone number or customer number wrong with an elderly person on the other end.

But whatever the case may be, I would NOT refuse the package, Kachina.  I did this once and it took 2 weeks to get to its return destination.  When I inquired to the USPS about it, they told me that, yes, when you pay for postage on an item, it is actually for a round trip (which is why a package can be refused in the first place).  But the item's return delivery is the equivalent to 3rd class mail, and so it can take an inordinate amount of time to get back.  Plus, I don't believe you can track it.  I say either slap the Q's label on there or use your own postage and have them credit you.  I hope they compensate you for the inconvenience even if it's only for $10.  That's just good business if there's been a mistake and the fault isn't yours.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I know that this might sound weird, but could it be possible that you ordered it in your sleep?

I mean, people sleep walk, and certain sleep medications have side effects of people doing strage thing while asleep, so it's not unheard of to sleep shop.

Anyway, you can just refuse delivery, and you won't be charged a penny.

It's the simplest and easiest thing to do.

Just be sure to let CS know that you refused delivery on it, and that it's being sent back.

Funny, but true ......   Occasionally our dog SLEEP BARKS ......  he gets up in the middle of the night, goes to the center of the living room and starts barking .... at nothing!!     (If he heard a troubling noise, he would go bark at the front door)

If I try to shush him up, he gets this strange expression like "Whoa, how did I get here?" and runs back to bed.     It took about 6 times before we were sure he was in a sleeping state!

Valued Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

How is your money tied up?

The price of the unwanted bag is on Kachina's cc...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's not out of the realm of possibility that QVC put the order through under your account rather than under the correct account of the person who really did order the VB bag.

I recently posted this in another thread but years ago, I rec'd a Disney item from HSN.  The package was addressed to me so I opened and inside was this Disney pocket watch I knew I didn't order.  I checked the invoice and it had someone else's name, address and payment information.  I called HSN and was told to send it all back. 

If it can happen where items are shipped to the wrong people then it can happen where items are billed to the wrong people.   

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't refuse delivery.

I would make sure they credit you for returning it though.

Honored Contributor

Weird things do happen - and not just at QVC.  Sone years ago, I came home from a lunch date and found a large, heavy box just outside my front door -  and I hadn't ordered anything from anywhere.

In the box were a dozen bottles of wine.  The address on the box was mine, but the CC number wasn't.  According to the invoice, the wine cost close to $300.  So, I called the company and explained.  They apologized, told me to take a bottle as compensation for the inconvenience of resealing the box so they could have it picked up.  I followed their instructions, even called them a second time when no one came to collect it.

The wine was lovely and I had hostess gifts, too, for almost  a whole year!

Super Contributor

Re: Strange Purchase

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

Weird things do happen - and not just at QVC.  Sone years ago, I came home from a lunch date and found a large, heavy box just outside my front door -  and I hadn't ordered anything from anywhere.

In the box were a dozen bottles of wine.  The address on the box was mine, but the CC number wasn't.  According to the invoice, the wine cost close to $300.  So, I called the company and explained.  They apologized, told me to take a bottle as compensation for the inconvenience of resealing the box so they could have it picked up.  I followed their instructions, even called them a second time when no one came to collect it.

The wine was lovely and I had hostess gifts, too, for almost  a whole year!

Heads up 😉

3 YEAR OLD THREAD

DATED NOVEMBER 2015