Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Gee and guess who Amazon is going to pass on all that cost to---the additional cost of employees--drivers (salaries,benefits etc) facility to house the trucks, all the overhead, maintenance for trucks, gas etc etc..... Id make sure to start comparison shopping....because Amazon's CEO thinks customers have been trained to think (I call it brain washing)that Amazon always has the lowest price and will order from them without comparison shopping.......And I bet Prime will go up again too

Brain Washing?  99% of the time, Amazon has the best prices and their customer service is fantastic.  

@mom2four0418  @NYC Susan

He might not have used the words "brainwashing"....but Amazons said in an interview that they switch prices on thousands of items and will lower one price on one item, and to offset that they raise prices on other items and sometimes the customers will buy a higher priced item not realizing a competitor's price is lower, because they just assume Amazon has the lowest price.........

And whats the definition of assume...

Superb customer service----I dont know about that---credit card was hacked when I purchased something directly from Amazon---they didnt seem to even care about their security gap...

Another time a third party advertised named brand in photo and description and vendor sent something that even the Dollar store wouldnt sell, and it wasnt cheap....they deleted my review and all I did was state the facts, my complaint ignored the 3rd party vendor still with them

And how about those incentive paid reviews.....they said they stopped them but I wonder...............

And then there's treatment of employees...you can google that

I have been buying from Amazon for many years, and have had nothing but excellent customer service in every way.  I am certainly not alone because it is a hugely successful company with extremely high customer satisfaction ratings.  

If a company gives customers good prices and good customer service, they will flourish.  And that's what we've seen happening with Amazon for a long time.  

No one has to buy from them if they don't want to, but millions of customers who have lots & lots of choices buy from Amazon over and over again, and remain satisfied even after comparison-shopping, researching on the internet, etc.

That was my point.