Esteemed Contributor

But then again maybe not. Saw a white van pull up in my driveway with a big $19.95 and some lettering on the side. Thought somebody was coming to do rug cleaning or something but at my house by mistake. It was a U-Haul van doing a delivery from Amazon. I asked the young guy if this was something new. He said it's just that the Amazon trucks haven't come in yet. Huh? I didn't question any further. Although Amazon is in the midst of building a humongo facility here in my town. But I don't think it's expected to be ready for occupancy till early next spring.

Honored Contributor

I know you can sub-contract with Amazon to make deliveries for them.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I read that amazon was starting up their pwn delivery service so that is probably what the driver was referring to.

Honored Contributor

Our Amazon deliveries come in a white van with Enterprise printed on the side.

Valued Contributor

Amazon is launching it's own nationwide delivery fleet soon. I guess the goal is to become bigger than UPS and FedEx.

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19@I think amazon is becoming too amazon.I noticed they even offer housecleaning services.

Valued Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Jasmine19@I think amazon is becoming too amazon.I noticed they even offer housecleaning services.

I know. It's getting scary!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Strange Delivery

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Soooo, they're renting vans from different companies until they get their own fleet underway is what it sounds like.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Soooo, they're renting vans from different companies until they get their own fleet underway is what it sounds like.

@shaggygirl.  That's what I think.

Honored Contributor
Having their own fleet would be nice. That way you know who is pulling into your driveway.