Honored Contributor

So would they be hiring drivers in towns across the states?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I don't order much from amazon.  When I do, it's usually with a Sunday delivery.  It's been delivered by a white van.  There is distribution center 100 miles from here.

Valued Contributor

@Jasmine19, we are noticing big semis on the interstate highway, with Amazon Prime on the trailers..sign of the times..

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Strange Delivery

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

What was strange about the van?  I can't think of the name of the rental company but there is one that has a big $19.99 on it; apparently the vans rent for $19.99 a day.  Amazon is beefing up it's delivery fleet.  I get drivers in the personal cars and some in Amazon cars.  

I'm not sure what's strange about it either.  Amazon has been using all sorts of vehicles, including personal cars, to make deliveries for awhile now.  It's nothing new.

I guess the OP hadn't heard about that.

Esteemed Contributor

I am waiting for them to use a drone to deliver my goods. Only in my case I live in the woods and I doubt I will be able to climb a tree to retrieve it.  

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Gee and guess who Amazon is going to pass on all that cost to---the additional cost of employees--drivers (salaries,benefits etc) facility to house the trucks, all the overhead, maintenance for trucks, gas etc etc..... Id make sure to start comparison shopping....because Amazon's CEO thinks customers have been trained to think (I call it brain washing)that Amazon always has the lowest price and will order from them without comparison shopping.......And I bet Prime will go up again too

Brain Washing?  99% of the time, Amazon has the best prices and their customer service is fantastic.  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Gee and guess who Amazon is going to pass on all that cost to---the additional cost of employees--drivers (salaries,benefits etc) facility to house the trucks, all the overhead, maintenance for trucks, gas etc etc..... Id make sure to start comparison shopping....because Amazon's CEO thinks customers have been trained to think (I call it brain washing)that Amazon always has the lowest price and will order from them without comparison shopping.......And I bet Prime will go up again too

Brain Washing?  99% of the time, Amazon has the best prices and their customer service is fantastic.  

I agree.

Yes, many people have come to expect good prices from Amazon because much of the time they offer the best price.  Not to mention excellent customer service, that - in my experience - is consistently far superior to any company I have ever done business with.

But a lot of people still comparison-shop and don't just blindly buy from Amazon.  There's no brainwashing going on.  It's simply a company that provides what customers want - huge variety of products, competitive prices, and excellent customer service.  That's why people buy from them again and again, and that's why they're successful.  It's a formula that works.  There's nothing nefarious about that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Strange Delivery

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418  @NYC Susan

He might not have used the words "brainwashing"....but Amazons said in an interview that they switch prices on thousands of items and will lower one price on one item, and to offset that they raise prices on other items and sometimes the customers will buy a higher priced item not realizing a competitor's price is lower, because they just assume Amazon has the lowest price.........

And whats the definition of assume...

Superb customer service----I dont know about that---credit card was hacked when I purchased something directly from Amazon---they didnt seem to even care about their security gap...

Another time a third party advertised named brand in photo and description and vendor sent something that even the Dollar store wouldnt sell, and it wasnt cheap....they deleted my review and all I did was state the facts, my complaint ignored the 3rd party vendor still with them

And how about those incentive paid reviews.....they said they stopped them but I wonder...............

And then there's treatment of employees...you can google that

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

We had an "Uber for Amazon" delivery last week.

Regular Contributor

actually they hire out anybody who wants to deliver for them and then that person rents a vehicle or uses their own private vehicle to make the deliveries.