Super Contributor

Store forgot to charge me for three items I purchased

I took them back and paid what I owed. They were rather surprised and the clerk told me that hardly ever happens☺️
Valued Contributor

Re: Store forgot to charge me for three items I purchased

Good for you!  That's the right thing to do. 

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:
I took them back and paid what I owed. They were rather surprised and the clerk told me that hardly ever happens☺️

@gellen    good for you for doing the right thing! 

I also had a simular type of experience recently

... I went to CS to return an item... the clerk gave me cash back... and $20.00 too much... when I got to the car and counted it I realized she had given me too much back  I went back in and told her... she really appreciated it.  I knew at the end of the day the bank in her cash drawer would be short... mistakes happen both ways.  If I had been given too little cash I would expect it to be adjusted just the same.  It works both ways to be HONEST.

Super Contributor

I would have felt guilty otherwise.😬
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A couple of years ago after a trip to Safeway I was unloading my car and found a box of Morton's salt I had forgotten to put on the belt and didn't pay for. Due to using a cane, arthritic knees and a back that often bothers me, I didn't have the energy to go back into the store.

But a few days later I returned and told CS what happened. I've shopped there for 12 yeas and they know me but were surprised I'd return to pay for a "little" thing like salt. I told them as we all know that not paying for things causes prices to go up.

I think most people are pretty honest when it comes to this. At least, I hope so.

Honored Contributor

it may not make a big difference with all the theft that goes on today.... sadly... but if it makes us feel better for doing it, that is the payoff....

Respected Contributor

I have done the same.  It's how we were raised and lived so it comes naturally for us.  I thank my mother for my honesty as she instilled the importance of being honest and true as I grew up.  Good for you @gellen .  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@gellen, good for you. Honesty is always the best policy.

Respected Contributor

You are to be commended .... Just what we all need to do ..

Do the right thing !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I was also given back $10 too much in change at Walgreens.  I sent my son back with receipt to return the money. Clerk was very appreciative.