Respected Contributor

Re: Store forgot to charge me for three items I purchased

Just FYI - Almost a month now and JCP is still insisting they owe me money.

Respected Contributor

FINAL UPDATE TO MY JCPENNEY STORY

The last time I posted about this, JCP was investigating why I had multiple credits on my account even though the balance should be zero.

Today I received an e-mail from them saying the account is correct and I am wrong. So I called corporate headquarters, explained the situation and was put on hold for ten minutes. When the rep came back, she said there were so many mistakes made on my order it would take a week to correct them all. So they are sending me a check and I can keep the money -- almost twice the amount of the original order.

I should be happy, but I'm not. What I want is a transaction that is simple, quick, efficient  and transparent. Not a six week disaster. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my, what an ordeal.  You did a lot to try to straighten out the mistakes.  More than I probably would have done.

You can always shred the check when it arrives so you don't take money that you know isn't yours.   Or give it to charity or consider it payment for all of the time you spent trying to make it right.  

Trusted Contributor

Last week I made a quick run into the grocery store to pick up a few things. I went through the self checkout, bagged my items and left. As my husband was pulling out of the parking lot I realized I had bagged an item but never scanned it. So back we went and I went in and back through self checkout--the young guy working the front end just gave me a strange look. Didn't want anyone to think I was dishonest.

Trusted Contributor

It's likethe Frazier episode where his father goes to return $20 he received by mistake. The bank keeps giving him more money no matter what he says......

Honored Contributor

Crazy.....  You'll have to settle for the check because they don't know up from down.  I had a similar situation back when Shophq was Evine.  Easy Pays were not being applied to my account despite taking the money.  I didn't get a $40 shirt and after investing for weeks, they pretty much told me I lied.  I stopped shopping with them for years!  Another time, a bank lost the money I deposited in my account at an ATM.  I had my receipt and they investigated".  After a month, they said they couldn't verify the deposit even though they had a video record of me at the ATM making the deposit.  As if I deposited an empty envelope.  It was crazy.  I closed out the account but even now, many years later, I think about it whenever I drive by that bank.  

Honored Contributor

I bought $118 worth of groceries around Thanksgiving one year--the guy in front of me somehow got charged for them---he complained as he should, the cashier fixed it for him but seeing as her line was at least 20 people deep by that time and she was going to have to do some finagling over my order, she waved me thru and told me no charge!!! I was going to go to another cashier and pay but she said nope, she would take care of it-----well--not being someone who takes advantage of something like that---karma, you knowWoman Wink---I decided to donate a family meal bag each time I bought groceries---they were $10 a bag so that made 11 families who got meals for the holidays plus a donation to Petsmart for their pet charity!!  You don't mess with karma!!!

Contributor

@gellen wrote:
I took them back and paid what I owed. They were rather surprised and the clerk told me that hardly ever happens☺️

So nice of you @gellen.❤️