Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Has there been some national or world event of which I'm unaware to cause this?

Supposedly it is the rise in virus cases.

Honored Contributor

There are probably other factors in play but the value of my home has declined.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Stock Market

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@desertrat8 wrote:

@Linmo   Of course there are more cases reported because there is much more testing being done, jmo

@desertrat8, while it's true that in those areas with more testing there will be more positives, the data can still reflect a spike by looking at certain trends in the data.

Not only the spike in positive cases, but the spike in hospitalizations and deaths. The stock market is very sensitive to those indicators.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@desertrat8 wrote:

@Linmo   Of course there are more cases reported because there is much more testing being done, jmo

@desertrat8, while it's true that in those areas with more testing there will be more positives, the data can still reflect a spike by looking at certain trends in the data.

Not only the spike in positive cases, but the spike in hospitalizations and deaths. The stock market is very sensitive to those indicators.

@reiki604, yup.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Stock Market

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Apparently there no longer has to be, 'professional' investors appear to be idiots that change on a dime... Never having heard of the stock market would be a good thing... Did any trader with even a partial brain not realize this virus from hades was going to ebb and flow or that economic recovery wouldn't happen overnight? That's always the way... Takes this bunch of drips minutes to wipe out months of gains and takes much longer to recover... They should know that since they, in large part, are responsible...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Apparently there no longer has to be, 'professional' investors appear to be idiots that change on a dime... Never having heard of the stock market would be a good thing...

Day traders?

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

As I said, I am being told there were two (2) reasons:

(1)  Increase in virus cases in Arizonia, Texas and Florida

(2)  The Federal Reserve saying interest rates will probably not go up soon because they feel the economy will recovery slowly. 

Honored Contributor

By yesterday, I had made back 80% of my losses from March/April, so I'm not going today.

But the small caps have been good to me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I use to be confused about the stock market highs and lows but it has always come back. The minute the news media starts with the COVD-19 increase in cases, the stock market goes low.  In a couple of days, I think we should see a turnaround. This is a wait and see market. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy 

How much has your home gone down?  I just checked Zillow and mine has gone up - a big 0.4%!