Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@tansy 

How much has your home gone down?  I just checked Zillow and mine has gone up - a big 0.4%!

Probably 5%, @DiAnne .

I had to go over to the hospital for lab work today.  The shopping area over by TJs and WFs looked nice.  I can't believe all of the so-called luxury apartments being built there and in the surrounding towns!  So different than when I moved here in the early 80s.

Esteemed Contributor

Might be a good time to buy.  Called my financial contact and made plans.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy 

It sure is an improvement over old Totem Lake Mall - although almost anything would be.  

I moved up here in fall jof 91.  Boy were the heating bills a shock compared to Orange County!

Honored Contributor

My community is selling like crazy.  It's in the high $200s and that is the top selling price range right now.

The townhouses are under contract in 2-3 days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I now understand why people threw themselves off of buildings after the great crash in the 1920's.

Seriously? 

Not me. I have never had nor will I have any intention of killing myself over money. I guess when you live without much of it for long enough, you easily see that life goes on, and happiness abounds in the simple and free things. 

It's not a joy to struggle, especially for long years or as one get's older, but it certainly isn't worth killing oneself over.

@Mominohio 

I'm sorry that you can't empathize with how hopeless the must have felt to make that decision to end their own live.

@Anonymous032819 

And I'm sorry that you feel the need to hijack every thread started with gloom and doom and accusations. It's become quite the pattern with you.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@tansy 

How much has your home gone down?  I just checked Zillow and mine has gone up - a big 0.4%!

My next door neighbor put his house on the market last week. The first day on the market they got an offer, for $25,000 more than the asking price.

Respected Contributor

Re: Stock Market

[ Edited ]

Many economists believe that the full impact of the shelter in place will not be felt for several months.  Those who are receiving unemployment are getting an extra $600 a week until the end of July.  Many are not seeking employment right now because they  are receiving more money than they would get if they were working.  We'll see if the extra unemployment provision gets extended and if there will be another round of stimulus money for state governments, small businesses and individuals.

The main reason that most of these threads get zapped is because some folks feel the need to react to a post that is tagged to them.  If we could just keep our posts limited to talking about the issues, rather than baiting or criticizing each other, these threads might be able to survive.  

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo  ........ I have read your post several times trying to understand how your comments have anything to do with the original reason for this thread. Please clarify your comments so that I might better understand where your comments fall into place.

There are several reasons post get "zapped". Off topic is one of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@suzyQ3    I heard on TV last night that economists think it will take about 13 years for the economy to fully recover.  Of course new disasters could hinder that.

Guess I'm never going to downsize! I'll be 85 before the expected recovery takes place. LOL  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: Stock Market

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg The first part of my post was in reference to how the stock market and our economy have been affected by the virus.  The second part was in reference to a couple of posts above mine that were argumentative based on personal reactions to other posters.