Honored Contributor

Re: Stimulus Checks To Start Arriving Wednesday

@SeaMaiden wrote:

QUESTION

One spouse is receiving Medicare payments monthly by deposit into checking account.... and the other spouse is on Medicare, but   is not withdrawing medicare payments this time....

They pay joint  taxes with a check ....do not do taxes online 

.will the spouse collecting Medicare  payments receive their portion of the stimulus payment  in the checking account...and the other spouse get their share by mail?

Hmmm....🤔

@SeaMaiden    As a rule, Medicare doesn't make payments.  Are you referring to Social Security which does?

I never get IRS refunds, always have to pay but do have direct deposit of Social Security so I'm wondering....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Like money - must have money but............I still don't understand why (I) should get a check.  I haven't lost my normal income - I didn't lose my job -  - - - whereas millions have and are suffering and ...........medical personnel are working their a** off and farmers are having a rough go. 

Like $ - must have $ ............but this bothers me greatly.

You could use the money to support those farmers having a rough time or the small business, the restaurant business that may not be able to recover, donate the money to a hospital charity, or just return the check.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

QUESTION

One spouse is receiving Medicare payments monthly by deposit into checking account.... and the other spouse is on Medicare, but   is not withdrawing medicare payments this time....

.will the spouse collecting Medicare  payments receive their portion of the stimulus payment  in the checking account...and the other spouse get their share by mail?

Hmmm....🤔

@SeaMaiden 

From News4jax:

Will you get paid soon?

The first wave of payments will be issued to people who have already given their bank account information to the IRS and Social Security beneficiaries who filed a federal tax return with direct deposit information.

The next wave of money will be paid no later than the week of April 20. The third and final round is dedicated to payments being made through check. Those will be mailed at an undetermined date.

Groups of checks would be then mailed over the next several weeks. It could take until May or August for recipients to see the money.

As @Kachina624  said, Medicare has nothing to do with it.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden I think you mean Social Security not Medicare.  If you are receiving SS via direct deposit then you will receive the stimulus money via direct deposit without doing anything.  If not you will be able to go to the IRS website and fill out the new Super Simple form to input direct deposit info for this purpose.  This form will be available soon, keep checking IRS. gov.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

FYI:  Small business owners were promised help two weeks ago and still nothing has come.

That is a crying shame, @Hoovermom.  

Honored Contributor

To those who don't need the check (or even those who will not be getting one), it would be great if you could donate it to those in need. My choice is to a major food bank.

@fthunt, etc.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

We just received a summary of the CARES Act from our financial advisor. The Act calls the payments "recovery rebates." The summary says "Technically, the rebates are advance refunds of credits against 2020 taxes." The way I read this is that when you file your taxes next year for 2020, you will be required to pay back the amount of your stimulus payment/recovery rebate to the IRS - it either reduces the amount of your refund or increases the amount you owe by the amount of the payment you received.

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

@SeaMaiden I think you mean Social Security not Medicare.  If you are receiving SS via direct deposit then you will receive the stimulus money via direct deposit without doing anything.  If not you will be able to go to the IRS website and fill out the new Super Simple form to input direct deposit info for this purpose.  This form will be available soon, keep checking IRS. gov.

@SugarPuff  Yes! Must have forgotten my V8😄😄😄😄😄

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Like money - must have money but............I still don't understand why (I) should get a check.  I haven't lost my normal income - I didn't lose my job -  - - - whereas millions have and are suffering and ...........medical personnel are working their a** off and farmers are having a rough go. 

Like $ - must have $ ............but this bothers me greatly.

I agree @fthunt . We haven't been impacted and if we hadn't been included in who was getting a check we would have been okay with that.

I'm thinking TPB didn't want the senior voters mad 🤷🏼‍♀️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

QUESTION

Hmmm....🤔

@SeaMaiden    As a rule, Medicare doesn't make payments.  Are you referring to Social Security which does?

I never get IRS refunds, always have to pay but do have direct deposit of Social Security so I'm wondering....

@Kachina624 yes! I corrected my post! I meant Social Security!😄