Honored Contributor

Ageing out of Christmas Toys

I saw a post on FB, where a woman had organized the shared bedroom of her two daughters.  One daughter is 12, and she has a lot of toys, including new ones that she got for Christmas.

One person commented said that children should not be playing with toys after 8 years old.

What do you think? 

Is there an age at which children should stop playing with and asking for toys as holiday presents?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ageing out of Christmas Toys

there is NO age.......that was a strange fb comment, especially if it was a friend of hers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

For myself the only answer I can offer is this 73-year-old child still regularly plays with a slinky and occasionally with Legos.  If something catches my fancy I might even hint that I'd like it for my birthday or Christmas or just because.  So, no age limit from my perspective.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Honored Contributor

I played with Barbie until I was 12.  Of course, that was back in the 60's. Different times. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

there is NO age.......that was a strange fb comment, especially if it was a friend of hers.

@sunshine45 

Not a comment from a friend, just a special interest group on FB.  Sort of like here, when you post about one thing and someone comments on other things.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are never too old to play with toys. I think play is important no matter how old you are. We may have different ones as we age but still not too old.

Honored Contributor

Huh?  Even adults play with toys....after a certain they change the wording and call it a hobby.

I don't think any child or adult should not play with toys if it gives them pleasure.  Kids today are forced to grow up so quickly.  Why would anyone want them to give up toys at age 8?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 

Not a comment from a friend, just a special interest group on FB.  Sort of like here, when you post about one thing and someone comments on other things.  

LOL well then it was NOT a strange comment from a stranger.....lots of comments like that on FB. my other comment still stands though. there is NO age limit.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Ther are a lot of opinions online, and a lot of them are garbage !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I saw a post on FB, where a woman had organized the shared bedroom of her two daughters.  One daughter is 12, and she has a lot of toys, including new ones that she got for Christmas.

One person commented said that children should not be playing with toys after 8 years old.

What do you think? 

Is there an age at which children should stop playing with and asking for toys as holiday presents?

I don't think a parent should be sharing pictures of their kids and their bedrooms on SM 

that said if you share stuff be prepared for comments of all kinds

and age depends on the kids to keep on topic