Honored Contributor

Stimulus Checks To Start Arriving Wednesday

Americans who gave their direct deposit information to the Internal Revenue Service will see their $1,200 stimulus checks in their bank accounts on Wednesday.

While others, who did not give banking information when filing their tax returns, could wait months to see their stimulus dollars.

The Treasury Department will take the first step Friday in disbursing the millions of dollars in payments by alerting banks to confirm that the money will go into the correct accounts. 

And then on Monday, the IRS will start processing the payments. 

On Friday the IRS is expected to announce the launch of an online application called 'Get My Payment' that would allow taxpayers who filed taxes in 2018 or 2019 to submit direct deposit information that would allow an electronic transfer of the funds.

The web hub would be ready later this month. That would cut down on the number of physical paper checks the government would have to produce in order to pay every eligible American their stimulus boost. An estimated 100 million Americans don't have direct deposit.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stimulus Checks To Start Arriving Wednesday

[ Edited ]

Happy to see this happen.  There are so many people in this country desperate for help.  And, of course, a check for $500 for each child will be most welcome.  It is estimated that roughly 10% of our workforce are unemployed.  Through no fault of their own.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny because Wed is the day they are supposed to withdrawl what I owe them for taxes, so they definitely have my acct number!! and Wed is also the day my SS gets deposited, will be interesting to check my acct next week. 

Honored Contributor

Used a new tax prep service this year he did not submit our bank account number to the IRS so we got refund checks, but last year we did, so will we get our check automatically or have to wait?

Thanks all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Used a new tax prep service this year he did not submit our bank account number to the IRS so we got refund checks, but last year we did, so will we get our check automatically or have to wait?

Thanks all 

@I am still oxox I think you will have to wait.  

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

I rad somewhere that if they do not have the info from this year they will go back to the last year, I sure hope this is true 

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Thanks all 

@I am still oxox I think you will have to wait.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you, we'll be lookin for ours.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

$500 for each child will be most welcome.  

Wonder if they will count our kids?  Probably not, our 7 kids are of the furry type. Ehhh, they don't eat that much anyways!

=^..^=

hckynut  🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QUESTION

One spouse is receiving Social security payments monthly by deposit into checking account.... and the other spouse is on Social security...but   is not withdrawing SS payments this time....

They pay joint  taxes with a check ....do not do taxes online 

.will the spouse collecting Social security  payments receive their portion of the stimulus payment  in the checking account...and the other spouse get their share by mail?

Hmmm....🤔

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you, we'll be lookin for ours.

hckynut

@hckynut 

Hi John! Say hi to Cindy and the furbabies too!

We'll be lookin' for ours too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.