Trusted Contributor

Re: Stephen Colbert's New Show

[ Edited ]

@circles wrote:

Could someone tell me what "character" Colbert played...I have never seen him on the show he was on before...and I keep reading or hearing he is out of character...

I personally do not like his new show...I have watched the last two nights...I will try to stay awake for tonight...hoping he gets better...

For right now he is boring...unfunny....dull...and plain stupid acting...childish like something you would see and hear in grade school....

He was playing a character on the Colbert Report. The character was named Stephen Colbert, so that might be why you are confused. On the Colbert report, he was an egotistical, smug talk show host. The Colbert Report was satire, and the character Colbert was playing was a parody of others in the media who think very highly of themselves and their opinions.

Now that he has taken over the Late Show, he is himself, the talk show host. He is not parodying anyone. 

Honored Contributor

IMO, Vamp, he really has his work cut out for him.

Respected Contributor

oh yes Mr. Cavett was very good. Of course I believe he has the record for having a guest that actually died on his show! When interviewed he usually mentions it. I was watching the night it happened as I was a reader of 'Prevention ' magazine and interested in seeing the founder Robert ( not sure of first name?)Rodale interviewed. The camera cut away and it was anounced sadly what happened.

Honored Contributor

The Friday show was much better.  Stephen King is on a whole other wave length, but Stephen did a good job of rolling with him.

I thought the whole Paul Simon thing was LOL funny.

It's getting better.

re Dinner Party

I have to agree with Craig Ferguson.  I felt bad for him when he hosted the White House Correspondents Dinner, and he was out of his element.  I started watching his show by accident and found him to be incredibly funny and his show was very different (I think he taped all of his shows in one day, so his show was not topical at all). Plus he had the worst guests.  It was like F list guests.  But he made it work.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I hated the show with JOHNNY DEPP.  Was JD. HIGH,?  HE had trouble getting words out.  Why do all the women scream for him?  INMHO he is Narley looking  and has No s###x. Appeal, just nasty odd looking with bad teeth.  Of course at 79 I have no taste for the little boys of today and their looks except CLOONEY.

Watched KIMMEL last night and I KNOW RICKY MARTIN is gay, and he is a pleasure to listen to, cute and seems so nice, comes across as.a Nice guy.  No scandel. He is most his time or era in the singing dept., but fun.

Didn,t care for Letterman, but as least the new guy isn,t, as nasty, just as boring.

Trusted Contributor

I know it's not a popular opinion,but I still miss Jay Leno or someone like that-not so "FRANTIC".  Just sit and talk to people for heaven's sake! 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, we now live in an age where talking is boring.

You have to do something provocative, say something provocative, or wear something provocative so that it can be talked about on the internet.

It seems as if no one can just put their talent out there anymore.  No one can just write a book or release an album. They have to confess to some horrible deed, illness or weakness in order to get publicity.

It's such an odd time to be an artist.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

feline groovy wrote:

Reiki604 wrote:

Both Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart are on my fantasy Dinner PartyList.

ITA.

Adding Craig Ferguson as well.

Me too!   These guys are all very smart.  I love that in a comedian.

I met Craig Ferguson once. He was very nice and gracious.  He signed my book, too.  Smiley Happy   I had brought his first book that I had purchased some time before, because I knew that we had special tickets that included a meet-n-greet.  This big baboon of a security guy screeched at us, as we came into the room, 'NO AUTOGRAPHS!'.   So I just tucked my book away but when we got to meet Mr Ferguson he asked if I would like him to sign my book.  Smiley Happy  He put his arm around me and we had our picture taken.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

Both Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart are on my fantasy Dinner PartyList.

ITA.

Adding Craig Ferguson as well.

Me too!   These guys are all very smart.  I love that in a comedian.

I met Craig Ferguson once. He was very nice and gracious.  He signed my book, too.  Smiley Happy   I had brought his first book that I had purchased some time before, because I knew that we had special tickets that included a meet-n-greet.  This big baboon of a security guy screeched at us, as we came into the room, 'NO AUTOGRAPHS!'.   So I just tucked my book away but when we got to meet Mr Ferguson he asked if I would like him to sign my book.  Smiley Happy  He put his arm around me and we had our picture taken.

Lucky chick, chicky!  Smiley Wink

He's so cute and hot, too.   ;-)

Respected Contributor

Where's Johnny Carson when you need him?

images[4].jpg