Honored Contributor

Re: Stephen Colbert's New Show

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@circles wrote:

Isn't ANYONE going to answer my and another posters question as to what do you all mean Colbert played a CHARACTER on his other show....

I never seen that show....and apparently neither did the other poster...and we would like someone to tell us what we missed..

I wasn't too impressed with the first two shows....but have to say last night with Biden was very touching....and it did make me cry...

Colbert did a great job interviewing him...the two of them interacted quite well...

Sorry, honey.

Here:

http://www.cc.com/shows/the-colbert-report

Stephen's awesome show, "The Colbert Report", came on late night right after Jon's awesome "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart".

Most of their stuff was/is dry-wry-sly humor, which I adore, but also know that not everyone gets or appreciates.

Both shows were on Comedy Central, but you can still catch episodes online at Comedy Central, YouTube, and Hulu.

Hope you enjoy it!  Smiley Happy

P.S.

This applies to everyone, BTW:

Instead of waiting for Q board posters to quickly answer a question that does not require their opinion or experience, it's much easier and faster to just look stuff up on Google.

Just because someone (of any age) posts on the Q boards doesn't make their information any better than other Internet posters.

We can't expect others to answer our questions - especially in a timely (to us) manner - if at all.

We can only rely on ourselves.

Good grief, sorry it is so hard for you to reply without a lecture.  Not that it is so pressing or important, but in this particular case,when you Google you can see his clips.  That doesn't tell you what "character" he played if you don't know what character he is.  With your logic, there is really no reason to ask or discuss anything on here since all of us can Google anything and everything.

Um, just the following is super-easy to look up:

Stephen Colbert

former show

character

BTW, I never "lecture", although I can't say the same about more and more people nowadays.

And don't ever just assume that you what my "logic" is, or anything else about me.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@baker wrote:

I watched it about 10 minutes the first night he was on and he's just not my cup of tea. SC strikes me as someone who thinks they are the smartest person in the room. My husband thinks he's an a--hole.LOL

We don't get the appeal of this man either, not funny, not entertaining, shrugs............

But although we agree on MANY things SydneyH, your statements of "not funny, not entertaining" simply don't match my experience. Agreeing to disagree.......   Smiley Happy

Contributor

I'm not a big fan of Fallon or Colbert.  I check to see who Fallon's guest are and that determines whether I'll watch him.  I watched Colbert the other night because I wanted to see Toby Keith.  Love Toby.

Honored Contributor

I honestly did not know who Colbert is or was, never watched his old show!!!

Respected Contributor

Both Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart are on my fantasy Dinner PartyList.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Me too and I would settle for a quick cup of coffee if their schedules allowed!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

ITA.

Adding Craig Ferguson as well.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

ITA.

I completely agree and for those that have AT&T cable, this weekend you get Epix for free and Craig Ferguson has the funniest comedy show.  It's worth it just to watch the Mick Jagger/Keith Richards imitations . . . still miss him on late night!

Honored Contributor

@marden wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Fallon or Colbert.  I check to see who Fallon's guest are and that determines whether I'll watch him.  I watched Colbert the other night because I wanted to see Toby Keith.  Love Toby.

Fallon is another terribly unfunny man imo.......

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

ITA.

Adding ****** Cavett too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼