Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    I seen on news New Mexico was in for rain think it was later on. Suppose to be in 80's here Thurs. Then, over weekend in 50's and freezing at night still.   in 70's today, hubbo broke out the mower. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  When you hear rain for New Mexico, it is rarely the Albuquerque area.  The air is too dry for rain; I think what you heard was for SE part of state.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

can't remember what the weather man was saying. Just thought about you !

The screen he was pointing to was an area of green and saying it was moving my way. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Spring Has Sprung

[ Edited ]

68 today in beautiful Santa Fe.  70 tomorrow.   I think the worst is over and spring is here.  I too saw trees and plants budding today.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 , just barely above freezing here (Nova Scotia) during the day and dipping at night still.  It got cold early last Fall and stayed that way since.  No sign of life here yet.  No crocus or daffodils.  I have begun some garden clean up but it is slow.  Rain this weekend will probably take away the last of the stubborn snow in shady spots.  78 sounds pretty good to me!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom.  I'd hate to live where winter stays around so long.  You get to a point where enough is enough and you're ready to move on.  Did you get you winter project quilt finished?  You can't plant flowers until the quilt is finished.  About this time I used to assure mother that winter was over.  She'd say, "if you think winter is over, you're crazy".  She was always right.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 , I am working on the border now.  I have to go all around the edges to do the last of the quilting and finish the binding.  I took on the job of going through every closet, storage space and garage this winter so I am behind on my quilting. What a job.  I am on a first name basis with the guys at the donation bin lol.

I am pondering putting the quilt away until Fall.  This is such a busy time.  I am losing interest as the days get warmer.  I will post a few pictures soon.  It is a very cheerful beachy pattern.  I don’t like not finishing projects before I move onto the next thing so there is a chance it will get finished.  LM

Honored Contributor

Metro-DC area here.  Warm enough that the cherry blossoms in DC are scheduled to bloom earlier than predicted by a day or two.  Should be warm enough for those inclined to head down to DC and behold the glory of the cherry blossoms around the tidal basin.  A signt to behold, for sure!

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady  I used to love those Burma Shave signs along the highway!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

The other day we hit 81, but now our weather here is similar to yours.....75....but things are about to change...A cool front moving in with some rain and then temps in 50's for the high, mid 40's for the low....We need rain!!!...

As much as I love seeing all the beautiful flowers and trees in bloom, I do like the cool weather to last as long as possible.....Summer is long enough already and will be here before we in Texas know it...Woman Frustrated

53889047_2306005503054151_9185079379753959424_n.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”