Honored Contributor

It was a beautiful, windless, warm spring day today in the Albuquerque area....78°.  The trees are budding and rose bushes busting out with new growth.  It's tempting to start planting but way too early as we could easily still have freezing weather.

What's going on in your corner of the world?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Same here  @Kachina624 Oh my goodness, I can’t remember when I have ever seen the desert looking more lush with a pretty green carpet and wild flowers everywhere. 🌸🌱🌺🌱🌸. Cool temps and lots of rain have brought forth this beauty that I didn’t realize the desert  was capable of ! 🥰

Honored Contributor

It reached 50 here in the midwest.  It was very windy, 35 mph gusts.  First 50 in 2019, but I doubt it will last.  Yesterday barely got to 40.  Nothing is alive outside.  Still a tiny bit of snow around.  By the end of April, grass will start looking alive.

Respected Contributor

Triggered a memory of a set of Burma-Dhave signs, anyone remember those?

Spring has sprung

The Grass Has Riz

Where last year's 

Careless drivers Is

Bruma Shave 

Trusted Contributor

Pittsburgh area, high 50's and sunny. Always great to see the sun, it was such a gray and wet winter. Spring is slowly creeping in. We'll still have some cold weather, and maybe even snow (I hope not), but it's starting to smell like Spring!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   Daffodils have been out in VA ,🌼🌸now trees and bushes are blooming BUT we have had frost the past few mornings. 🙁

It’s a shame to see them turn brown!

I had to cut grass in my dog fence 🐶🐶 and one section near the driveway.

With all the rain it really grows.I have a yard service for cutting and leaves so just use a weed eater to touch up.

Tomorrow will be warmer and the dogs can enjoy the sun in a weed free fence.🌞🌸🌼🌻

Honored Contributor

we have been pretty much out of spring yet.

have only had 2 days above 60 beginning of march. Nothing really is budding as of yet. We are really below normal temp wise as of yet.

suppose to warm up by friday for 2 days then more rain and back to reality of cold weather again. Down to 30’s nite, 50’s during day. Still jacket weather.

furnace is still running at night. Very cold low 30’s the past 2 days.

Honored Contributor

Phoenix:   80° and overcast.   I fertilized my blooming shrubs......and washed my car...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Re: Spring Has Sprung

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

It was a beautiful, windless, warm spring day today in the Albuquerque area....78°.  The trees are budding and rose bushes busting out with new growth.  It's tempting to start planting but way too early as we could easily still have freezing weather.

What's going on in your corner of the world?

I found out the hard way last week when the temps were in the 70's and I planted some of my roses and hibiscus plants...lo and behold this week we had rain and 2 days in the 60 in South Georgia...at least my Hostas are springing back!

Honored Contributor

It's 39 degrees in Pennsylvania right now.  Will go below freezing for the next few nights, then temps jump up and down for awhile.  Up to 70 this Saturday, then down to 40 the next day.  

Not much sun for the next 1 1/2 weeks.  A few days of rain.  Typical

early Spring weather in PA.  Might still see snow.