Honored Contributor

Re: Spring Has Arrived Today.....

@willdob3 wrote:

@ShowMe 

I live in Florida. I don’t really celebrate over the arrival of spring. It means very hot, humid weather is heading our way. But fall is something to celebrate!

@willdob3.....if I lived in Florida would probably be looking forward to fall too.  

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

It will be just over 50 today and in 60s later in the week. The lake ice is thin, but I see open water around our shore, but overall, I am still looking out to a white lake. Birds singing. I will miss winter, but spring is definitely here. I spent an hour or so on one of our screened porches today! 

March here in the north is different from what I knew as a child in the St. Louis ‘burbs. I imagine you have green things sprouting! No sign of that where I live.

@libbyannE......Yes, it is a lot different now in the "burbs".  It is much different now than when I first moved here from San Antonio in 1957.  Climate Change is doing its thing on us....and is alive and kicking.

Not a lot sprouting yet.  No Forsythia yet, usually one of the first of the season.  But some of the trees are starting to get buds....still a way to go though.  No grass turning green yet either.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Thrilled to have survived the long, wicked winter. Delighting in sunshine, warmer weather and anxious for dry days ahead with a lot of lucious green grass and many gorgeous plants! Mother Nature was nasty the past several months. We need calm and peaceful weather in our lives to regroup. 

@BirkiLady.....With the time change and now the season change, regrouping is a good idea.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

just saw this new post Show me, 

thought I would say hello too

@viva923.....glad you found it.....  Hello back to you.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Ecstatic, ShowMe!

The promise of rebirth and renewal fulfilled.  Blooming flowers and trees.  The return of many birds.

So lovely.

@golding76.....knew you would be thrilled.....  And yes, those beautiful birds.

Respected Contributor

Spring time is a happy time

Flowers blooming

Birds singing

Sun shining

Me smiling!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Yay! Getting closer and closer to SUMMER!!! My lake is in its beginning stages of melting. But this year is going to take a lot longer. We have record ice thickness so we may still be seeing big ice chunks floating around in June. Woman Frustrated

@ID2.....Sorry to hear that.  Think that is what is called Climate Change.  No idea what all that will be affecting.

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

The flowers and trees are in bloom and it was beautiful this morning. 🌻

I’m glad I put the dogs (& my) coats on because there was a heavy frost. It was 32 degrees. 

We didn’t go far because the dogs like their heat vent and breakfast,🐶🐶

By 10 the sun had warmed things up so we took a long walk. The air smelled so fresh even with pollen I didn’t care.🌞

@1Snickers.....glad you and your dogs in your coats got to go out for a long walk.  The smell of fresh clean air is very invigorating.  

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Spring time is a happy time

Flowers blooming

Birds singing

Sun shining

Me smiling!

@FancyPhillyshopper......you do sound happy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMGOSH!  80 degrees today in Seattle!   Hottest first day of spring on record!  Going from 40 degrees to suddenly 80 degrees is a shock to the system....at least mine!  

When I was 7 year old, I wrote this poem and still remember the words all these  many years....it is not very good....remember this is a 7 year old....😄

Spring Is Here.

Spring Is There.

Spring Is Even In The Air.

I Can feel It in My Nose.

Because It Tingles Like My Toes!

And The Bees Come Out, And Make   People  Scream.

That's How I Know This Is SPRING!