Honored Contributor

Re: Spring Has Arrived Today.....

@Yahooey wrote:

I love seeing all 4 seasons but my favorite is Spring. Seeing shoots coming up from the earth makes me feel everything is alive with new beginnings. In a few scant weeks - bright glorious colors of daffodils, crocuses and tulips makes me smile.

HATE summer - i dread the heat - anything above 80 ugh for me

Spring is such a short season - it goes from warm to hot too fast

images.jpeg

@Yahooey.....Agree with you.  Yes, it won't be long now until we see all the beauty coming to life once again.  Wish it would last longer too.  Love the temps of spring...but not crazy about the extreme heat of summer.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

I am happy that spring has sprung.So tired of winter.Hoping we are done with the snow until next winter.

@hellie jo....I'm happy too.  

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@ShowMeHere in Western NY, it's sunny but chilly because of the stiff breeze, around 40 degrees  I'm just happy to see the sun.  Our weatherman said this morning not to get use to the sun because it's suppose to be snow and wind Friday, what a bummer !!!!!!

@hayseed00....Those darned weather folks take the fun out of everything with their predicting what is coming.  Enjoy the sun of today and continue thinking....it's Spring now.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Yes, hope it soon feels like spring and stays consistent with higher temps,

not up and down day to day. In PA here, climbing slowly toward 50 degrees

today.

One season closer to summer, my favorite of all.

@threecees....it appears to be the most favorite season of those that are posting here.  Spring and Summer are my most favorite seasons....just not the heat that goes with summer.  Thank goodness for air conditioning

Honored Contributor

Ecstatic, ShowMe!

The promise of rebirth and renewal fulfilled.  Blooming flowers and trees.  The return of many birds.

So lovely.

Honored Contributor

Yay! Getting closer and closer to SUMMER!!! My lake is in its beginning stages of melting. But this year is going to take a lot longer. We have record ice thickness so we may still be seeing big ice chunks floating around in June. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

still cool here today, but currently beautiful and sunny.

happy first day of spring! none of our spring flowers are blooming yet. some of them have leaves that are just peeking out

also, it is the persian new year 1398! happy new year, happy no rooz, eideh shoma mobarak to all who celebrate when the clock strikes the time of spring! 5:58 on the east coast. make sure to wish your persian friends a happy new year!

haft-seen-iranian-new-year.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The flowers and trees are in bloom and it was beautiful this morning. 🌻

I’m glad I put the dogs (& my) coats on because there was a heavy frost. It was 32 degrees. 

We didn’t go far because the dogs like their heat vent and breakfast,🐶🐶

By 10 the sun had warmed things up so we took a long walk. The air smelled so fresh even with pollen I didn’t care.🌞

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

And I am elated, we endured some bitter cold temps and many inches of snow to reach this point. I can't wait to see a tulip!

@RetRN.....wish I could post pictures like I used to, but now I can't.  But, if I could, I would post a beautiful tulip just for you.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Southern WV here, where it is 44 and sunny.   So happy we are near the end of March, but snow and cold will likely stay with us thru April.   We see our heaviest, wet snows in April.   

Per the almanac prediction, WV did experience a milder winter than usual.   We had a heavy start early on, with some snow, and bitter cold temperatures.  We have not seen our usual snowfall, which delights me, but is also very surprising.   WV winters are usually dark, long, cold, with moderate to heavy snowfall.   This winter has totally defied the normal, but I’m not complaining! 

I have been so thankful for the blessing of a mild winter, due to the challenges of the infection in my husbands foot that required numerous trips to ER and hospitalizations.  The amputation on his foot was done away from our home base, requiring us to travel far more than normal.   All of our trips have been with decent weather; pouring rain has been the worst we’ve had to deal with on a travel day.   I have no complaints at all because my family has been too blessed to complain.   

I have been surprised at much of the odd weather across the US these last months, and what other posters have had to deal with.   

@RedTop......Yes, have been keeping up with you and DH having to make so many trips to ER and hospital.  Think of you so often.