Honored Contributor

Re: Spoiler Alert: Jeopardy fans

@Krimpette wrote:

The minute I saw the "sad face", it was obvious to me.  Maybe that should have been omitted.

I appreciate your thought, but honestly, if I see the word "spoiler" in the subject line, I don't open it unless I don't mind being spoiled. I wasn't about to start a thread in which I wouldn't even be able to comment as to the reason for my thread in the first place.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

I don't see Jeopardy until 7:30 pm.  So it was spoiled for me as well.  Maybe it's for the best.  I couldn't see anyone beating him as he was knowledgeable on almost every topic.  If he lost, he probably missed final Jeopardy question and lost too much.  It must have been a big strain for him to be on that many days.  I hope he and his family enjoy the money he won.  He seemed to be a very nice guy and I'm happy for him.

Respected Contributor

My die hard rule: never open a thread that says spoiler alert if I don't want to know.

I avoided all Game of Thrones threads successfully until I was able to watch the finale. It's really not hard to do.

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

My die hard rule: never open a thread that says spoiler alert if I don't want to know.

I avoided all Game of Thrones threads successfully until I was able to watch the finale. It's really not hard to do.

I agree, but as stated in Post #11, the message was shown without opening.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I had no intention of watching but now that I know the outcome, I can’t wait to see the winner’s strategy. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion, the losing strategy for James was that he did not want to be there any longer.  He easily threw the game.  I can only imagine how difficult it is to be away from his family for such a long time.  Thank you, James, for giving it a good run and making the show even more enjoyable for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

In my opinion, the losing strategy for James was that he did not want to be there any longer.  He easily threw the game.  I can only imagine how difficult it is to be away from his family for such a long time.  Thank you, James, for giving it a good run and making the show even more enjoyable for me.

The show is only taped 2-3 days a week. Wouldn't that mean he goes home in between?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Could it be that he did not want to contuine and threw the game, because he looked unbeatable

I just watched it and thought the same thing...he threw in the towel!

Trusted Contributor

I was so tired of seeing him win. I definitely think he lost on purpose for not betting it all in final.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think he was over it.  His final wager was not his norm;  had it risked it all, he would have won.  And, why did she only risk $20,000?  Something doesn't add up.

Or, perhaps he needed the money.  The payout is only when the contestant is finished.