Honored Contributor

Or this one....

image.png

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Aww as much as i have Spider Phobia  the Orb Weavers are harmless. The stay in their webs and when morning comes they hide in the gutters.  I had one once outside my kitchen window and every evening watched him skillfully build his web.  It was like a ballet.  The orb weavers no longer come here. Something may have killed them off.

That being said i hate spiders they freak me out if thay are loose and now we have these big ugly Lobster spiders inside the house, only on the east side of the house and they get in my bedroom or the kitchen or the porch. They are indoor spiders.  I mixed up some dish soap, a bit of white vinegar and peppermint oil. I spray it on the Webster and can usually catch them in there. then they get the boot lol.  I plugged up small holes too with cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil.

@CatsyCline

Yes,  a bit of vinegar and peppermint oil mixed and sprayed around windows & doorframes keeps them out.  Otherwise we relocate as mentioned, with a cup and an index card.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

The other night there was a BIG spider in the bathroom. Well, I figured Lysol wouldn't kill him. So when I opened the door of the bathroom to get the Raid, he ran into the bedroom. 

I made a direct hit on him twice with the Raid and I think he is still around. I looked all over with a flashlight and could not find him. Now I keep wondering where he is in the bedroom. And will I wake up if he crawls on me.  EEEWWWW!

THEN this morning I went into the garage and another BIG spider ran out of the garage into the laundry room. 

I don't get it. I have never seen these big spiders in the house before and 2 within one week? I guess I should always have a can of RAID nearby.

@drizzellla . They sound like wolf spiders!  I had NEVER seen them before then suddenly they showed up. ....they kept coming in the basement...at least once or more a week ...yuck!

We sprayed around the foundation of the house which helped a LOT!

You are right!

How did you know! 

People talk about catching a spider and releasing it. I can not get within 10 feet of these guys and they are off and running. No way can I put a cup over them. I barely get to zap them with Raid.

We have been very careful spraying outside for bugs this year because of the dog. Maybe that is why suddenly they seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Honored Contributor

We have spiders and spider webs all over the place, as fast as we remove them they are back the next day. We have never seen a wood spider inside our house, but this year with all the rain they came inside. My husband has killed several of them, I don't mind them, but I don't want them to bite me.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal. That is one huge spider🕷

Mine wasn't nearly as big but I don't think a cup and cardboard would cut it if you were trying to catch and release.  This thing would have probably jumped on me and given me a good bite.  

Honored Contributor

OP, why did you feel the need to kill that spider? You were invading his territory! He was outside! Take a broom and brush him away along with his web. Geesh! 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 the spider escaped so you can sleep at night.  I did remove the web though.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

OP, why did you feel the need to kill that spider? You were invading his territory! He was outside! Take a broom and brush him away along with his web. Geesh! 

@ID2

This time of year the big writing spiders ring our home with webs.

We consider them our ‘first line of defense’!  😉 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras