Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spectrum Customer Service Stinks

@BadWolf wrote:

I dumped my cable company when my rate went to over $300 per month.  No HBO etc but I do have a lot of TV's.  Got a great deal from Centurylink for fiber optics internet at $60 per month - lifetime guarantee on price.  Added Hulu live for $56 and bought an Ooma and pay approx $7 for phone taxes only.  Went from approx $350 to $125 and not missing a thing!  

I have no idea what u said. I'm electronically challenged.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I don't see that you save enough to spend the time and aggrevation to cut the cord.  It would drive me nuts what the other things we have to deal with these days. 

@Sooner

This is a very individual question. Some people can save a great deal of money. It all depends how you view.  Verizon is selling bundle your own packages, and Comcast is during the same. These large companies are losing customers everyday, 

Many wireless companies include media, and music streaming with service.

Each person has to decide what works for them. 

Honored Contributor

So if you looked up idiot in the dictionary you would see a picture of me! I gave Spectrum one last chance to keep me as a customer, the best offer I got was a $10 savings! So I ordered Verizon Fios, I'm not saving that much money, it's just the principle of it, Spectrum showed me no loyalty. I'll bet when I call to cancel they'll offer me a deal to stay, it will be too late then.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So if you looked up idiot in the dictionary you would see a picture of me! I gave Spectrum one last chance to keep me as a customer, the best offer I got was a $10 savings! So I ordered Verizon Fios, I'm not saving that much money, it's just the principle of it, Spectrum showed me no loyalty. I'll bet when I call to cancel they'll offer me a deal to stay, it will be too late then.

That's what happened to me with Comcast. I gave them two chances to up their offer and they refused. I got FIOS installed and called to cancel and suddenly Comcast said they could have beaten the FIOS deal. Too little, too late. By the way, I'm very happy with my FIOS internet and streaming setup. I don't miss Comcast at all.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Spurt 

Hulu with live TV is now $54.99 a month .   It went up twice in 2019.   We don't care.  It's still way cheaper than cable.

ARE YOU INCLUDING THE COST OF WIFI ADDED?

Please include your internet cost in this otherwise you mislead people into thinking they can get service for 
$55 a month, BUT you said your internet is $50 a month ....so you are actually paying $105 a month....($50 per month for internet seems rather low, normally you need a really high speed internet to stream which is normally $69 or $79 a month)

I checked out Hulu in my zip code (with Hulu whether you get local channels it depends onm your location, so people may have to buy an antenna to get those).....and hmmmm....some channels are missing that I watchon Hulu ....so then Id have to add a second service to get add those to put in me in the same position I am now... I pay $154 for my cable with bundle discount including high speed internet, premium package and ultra sports add on (NFL Network, Red Zone, NBA TV, etc).....Like I found out I would paying $35 more a month to cut the chord in order to get all the channels I actually watch 

For smooth, interruption-free playback, Hulu recommends a minimum download speed of 6 Mbps for Hulu in HD and 8 Mbps for Hulu + Live TV. If you are planning on streaming to multiple devices, more bandwidth will be required for a quality experience
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I finally broke up with Spectrum, had Verizon to my home for installation yesterday. So I call Spectrum to cancel my triple play, due to the interest of remote learning ( Spectrum must be involved with setting it all up), I had a 40 minute hold time ( a recorded message said there was a high demand of callers, call later in the week). So I get someone on the line, first question was why are you leaving? He then proceeded to offer me a deal, I told him Spectrum had every chance to keep me, it’s too late. He then says there is an error coming up, puts me on hold, I get cut off! I then call back, I was on hold for close to 3 hours. If I didn’t want to cancel my services immediately  I would not have waited.

Esteemed Contributor

These companies are all a pain to deal with in my book.  No matter who it is, be prepared to spend a long time on the phone.  

Fyi, Verizon is like Fort Knox, requiring all these access codes, etc.