Trusted Contributor

The Rhode Island thread made be wonder. Without cheating by looking it up or answering because you live in the state how many can answer the following question.

There are four (4) states that are referred to as "Commonwealth" instead of State. All legal documents must refer to them in this manner and by all accounts they should be recognized as Commonwealth of instead of State of. Can you name the four (4) Commonwealths?

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know about Rhode Island's full name, but I can name the commonwealths.  I grew up in one of them.

Honored Contributor

I know Virginai is one?!

Do I get  D plus?Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I only know Kentucky and Virginia.

Respected Contributor

I only knew one without looking. My kids used to call it movetucky. When they were little we moved there for a year. 

Respected Contributor

I live in one, Virginia, Massachusetts, Kentucky and Pennsylvania

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay  ....  How about a C? The only way I know the answer is from reading legal documents otherwise I would only know one.

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum  ..... You are correct!

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg 

Of the 4? Zero, I wouldn't know about RI if I hadn't read this thread. Geography was/is my worst subject, with world history a close second.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Good job @Bhvbum 

I knew Virginia & Pennsylvania but could not recall the other two.....Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”