Trusted Contributor

Re: Speaking if States

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  ..... Thank you! Thank you! Whew! That was harder than I thought it would be ....... now I am a little bit jealous. I want your Virgina accent! I have a love of the southern accents and the Irish accent. Still have some of my West Virginia accent and I still say "ya all" but it never was quite southern enough for me. Oh well. Maybe my Amazon Alexa will eventually offer a southern accent.

Have a good night!

Honored Contributor

knew them all , but not kentucky.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@stevieb  ..... Thank you! Thank you! Whew! That was harder than I thought it would be ....... now I am a little bit jealous. I want your Virgina accent! I have a love of the southern accents and the Irish accent. Still have some of my West Virginia accent and I still say "ya all" but it never was quite southern enough for me. Oh well. Maybe my Amazon Alexa will eventually offer a southern accent.

Have a good night!

@Sheila P-Burg  Y'all have a good night too... Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I only knew one without looking. My kids used to call it movetucky. When they were little we moved there for a year. 

I've heard Pennsyl-Tucky before.

Esteemed Contributor

The things I learn on this forum!  I didn't know a single state in this group, and didn't even know that there are states referred to as commonwealths.

I live in the only state that does not have counties.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

The things I learn on this forum!  I didn't know a single state in this group, and didn't even know that there are states referred to as commonwealths.

I live in the only state that does not have counties.  

I'd want to say a state that was too small to have counties (like RI or Delaware), but I know that DE has counties.  (Although it only has one area code).  Does your state have parishes?

Esteemed Contributor

Puerto Rico is also known as a commonwealth.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Speaking if States

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg 

Of the 4? Zero, I wouldn't know about RI if I hadn't read this thread. Geography was/is my worst subject, with world history a close second.

hckynut 🏒

Recently, I had a female healthcare worker stay with me for a few months. She drove here (Calif) from Missouri. I thought Missouri was next to Minnesota - bordering Canada. I was surprised to see Missouri on a map!!!! History was also my worst subject. Couldn't understand anytthing. 

Trusted Contributor

@wildcat fan  ...... Puerto Rico is referred to as a Commonwealth but only 4 states (Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Virginia) have the legal right to use it in their names.

Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags  ........  Hey! You can't leave it like that! Tell us which state doesn't have counties. I am too old to have to do homework!