Esteemed Contributor

Re: Southern Living Magazine

@QVCkitty1  I have subscribed to SL since I was in my early 20's, so it has been a long time.  I also have just about every one of their cookbooks.  The recipes are such that you can cook anything for the first time, even for company, and the food will be delicious.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I’m also a Southern Living Magazine subscriber.  I’ve been subscribing for at least 10 years. I also have several of the Christmas Cookbooks.

I love to bake so I enjoy the recipes, it’s one of the few magazines that I still enjoy reading. I keep all of the holiday issues.

Honored Contributor

I love the magazine. I am not a subscriber but I do pick up their magazine depending on the recipes or areas they highlight. 

I have many of their cookbooks and go to their website as well. 

Their Christmas and thanksgiving magazines are a must for me. 

Honored Contributor

I received it free for a year as some sort of promotion.  It's chock full of recipes and advertsiements (too many ads).   I don't cook but passed along the recipes to a friend of mine who does and she thinks the recipes are great.  So maybe it's a good investment if you cook, but not so much if you don't.  

Esteemed Contributor

That's probably one of the first magazines I read.  My mom's been a subscriber for years.  Family get togethers always have food made from one of their recipes.  "Here, you must try this...it's a Southern Living recipe."  😊  I prefer the gardening and interior decorating sections.  I've been in a few homes that were built with plans ordered from Southern Living.  Very pretty.  

Respected Contributor

i stop everything when the new issue arrives at my house.  i might not cook as much but enjoy reading the recipes, seeing their menu ideas which i steal whether i am cooking or not.  i like seeing the houses they feature as well. i love to see how people blend periods and styles together.   it is one of 2 magazines i physically want to leaf through and read.

Honored Contributor

I loved it for years, not sure if it's still in Birmingham.

I just looked, they do still have an office in Birmingham

Back years ago they would have local people come through & try their recipes.

I have a couple of the cookbooks, I rarely use their recipes, too many ingredients.

Some of them are classic, I'll make it for holidays or special occasions.

I loved reading each section but just doesn't fit in with my lifestyle today.

I LIKE SL on Facebook and get regular emails that link back to the website.

I quit taking all my magazines years ago.    Too much money and poor delivery service.

Respected Contributor

I  used to buy Southern Living and Coastal Living  once in a while.What lovely magazines. I didn’t know that Coastal Living is discontinued. The elegance and charm of the places are amazing. 🌸

Honored Contributor

I have many beautiful home decor pieces from "Southern Living at Home".  My cousin was a regional director for their home party plan many years & over the years I've gotten beautiful dishes, outdoor, christmas pieces.

I loved this magazine!

Trusted Contributor

Love the magazine and just got the new issue in the mail this week.  The decorating and recipes are great.  The tomato pie on the current cover looks yummy!  I still subscribe to Good Housekeeping, too.  😊