Respected Contributor

I was just sitting here on Sunday morning wrapping gifts when the doorbell rang.  I had to go throw something on and when I got to the door nobody was there but there was a large furniture truck parked across the street.  I thought perhaps they were looking to make a delivery.  A guy then saw me and came up and asked if I wanted to buy some furniture -that they were selling it for 90% off!  The way the truck was parked I could not see the name that was on the side but I could see a large picture of leather furniture on the side.   So who buys furniture this way?  At 10:30 on a Sunday morning?  I would be afraid it would be stolen! 

Esteemed Contributor

That is strange indeed......

Respected Contributor

Sounds like it's stolen, especially if they would only take cash.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Did you report it to your police?

Respected Contributor

well....if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. 

Honored Contributor

The same thing happened to us. Every year some truck comes on our block with furniture. One of my neighbors bought some and apparently it is legit. Myself, I didn't get in the truck to look but it does seem to be something some people are interested in.

Respected Contributor

exactly right, call the police!!!   In our area they need a vendor license from city hall.  If not in your area, it still sounds way dishonest.

Respected Contributor

I was thinking about calling the police but decided to Google it.  It seems there are guys based out of North Carolina that do this all across the country and is a legitimate business.  Some people say it is a scam because the furniture is way overpriced (they claim it is worth more than it is) and some people who have bought from them are happy.   I had just never heard of this and was very skeptical. 

Honored Contributor

So now they're selling furniture instead of watches from the back of a vehicle??!! That's funny to me.Woman LOL LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I was thinking about calling the police but decided to Google it.  It seems there are guys based out of North Carolina that do this all across the country and is a legitimate business.  Some people say it is a scam because the furniture is way overpriced (they claim it is worth more than it is) and some people who have bought from them are happy.   I had just never heard of this and was very skeptical. 

Yes, they come from North Carolina. We were told the same thing. We have a lot of law enforcement that live in our area... The guy down the block told me he bought a few things from them and everything is fine. I guess if cops buy from them, it has to be legit.