Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

When posting about love ones that have died, it is finding compassion, helping in ones loss, but famous people we do not know , i don't understand what the reason is.

Now this is something I don't understand. I have found that at times I have plenty of compassion for people that have died that I don't know. 

For myself, personally, I wouldn't post here if I had a loved one die. That is just me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Some peoples post

[ Edited ]

Eh. If I don't care, I skip it. If I care, I'll read it/post.

Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

When posting about love ones that have died, it is finding compassion, helping in ones loss, but famous people we do not know , i don't understand what the reason is.

It's a race to see who can post it first. Kind of morbid.

What's "morbid" to me is that some people think that you should only care about the passing of someone you 'know'.

If you don't know them they aren't worthy of anyone caring that they died.

Pretty pathetic, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

I don't see it as a race at all. I appreciate seeing when someone we recognize has died. 

@Teddie

Well, it's usually all over the news, so I doubt you have to come here to find out what's going on in the world.   

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything nefarious about posting a death notice. Often times, I will hear something here first. I truly believe the posters who do this are well intentioned.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

It's a race to see who can post it first. Kind of morbid.

Yes, that is exactly what it is,the same people seem to do it,it seems like a race,to post first.

@goldensrbest

Then why do you bother reading here, the thread title was perfectly clear?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

I don't see it as a race at all. I appreciate seeing when someone we recognize has died. 

@Teddie

Well, it's usually all over the news, so I doubt you have to come here to find out what's going on in the world.   

And I don't.  🙂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think most people post about things that affect them adversely or move them positively.  I am often moved by the deaths of people that I don't know and people I know.  We recently had a young lady die in our town of a heart attack.  No one ever knew she had heart disease.  She was preparing for a trip to the beach with friends and while packing her suitcase, fell ill and dropped to the floor dead.  She was 16.  I not only felt compassion for the family but was moved by it.  This affected a whole community.  Following autopsy and drug testing to prove there was nothing nefarious about her death, her siblings and parents were brought in for testing which proved that another child in the family had the same heart disease, neither of whom had ever suffered any symptoms.  I don't know that every death affects me that way but there are certainly those that do.  I hear of people dying every day and very often I want to share my feelings with others.  Is that strange to some?  Well, so be it.  If it is strange to you that I might want to post that for a sort of relief of my anxiety about this situation, I am sorry.

Rarely do I post about the death of a famous person as that has already been done.  I am really not in a race for first place obituary poster, but I do often feel some kind of sympathy for the family and compassion for the loved ones who are left behind regardless of age. There is a bit of human kindness in me that speaks to my soul.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The threads are clearly titled so I don't really see the big issue.  They are easy enough to skip over.

I'd rather have a clearly identifiable title than the ones people start with a title like "guess what", "What?", "You aren't going to believe this", "Really".  You get the picture.  Those teaser titles bug me.    

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

note to self: always wait at least an hour after someone dies to possibly post it. that way it doesnt look like a "race." LOL

Thanks for the laugh but seriously, is there some sort of time limit before one is 'allowed' to discuss it? 

nope......and there should not even be anyone questioning why someone WANTS to discuss it either.......for friends, family members, OR celebrities.

No, there's not a "time limit".  Sunshine was joking.