Trusted Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I think most people post about things that affect them adversely or move them.  I am often moved by the deaths of people that I don't know and people I know.  We recently had a young lady die in our town of a heart attack.  No one ever knew she had heart disease.  She was preparing for a trip to the beach with friends and while packing her suitcase, fell ill and dropped to the floor dead.  She was 16.  I not only felt compassion for the family but was moved by it.  This affected a whole community.  Following autopsy and drug testing to prove there was nothing nefarious about her death, her siblings and parents were brought in for testing which proved that another child in the family had the same heart disease, neither of whom had ever suffered any symptoms.  I don't know that every death affects me that way but there are certainly those that do.  I hear of people dying every day and very often I want to share my feelings with others.  Is that strange to some?  Well, so be it.  If it is strange to you that I might want to post that for a sort of relief of my anxiety about this situation, I am sorry.

Rarely do I post about the death of a famous person as that has already been done.  I am really not in a race for first place obituary poster, but I do often feel some kind of sympathy for the family and compassion for the loved ones who are left behind regardless of age. There is a bit of human kindness in me that speaks to my soul.

I disagree in terms of people posting about things that adversely affect or move them.  I think many posters are like town criers.  They want to be the first to let everyone know.  Hence, a post upthread about a race to see who can post first. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I use to have a neighbor who would call me whenver she found out a famous person had died to let me know. She was lonely and old and it didn't bother me. Till she called a little after 5 one morning to let me know Flipper from the tv show had passed, lol.

@happycat

yellow-lol-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Funny thing is...apparently the OP is not emotionally connected 

to people they don't know...especially famous people when they pass,

but lord knows if there's a Jenner/Kardashian thread, they're

part of the pack to post emotional, ugly remarks....again,

about people they don't know. 

I guess it's certain famous people about certain famous topics

which makes it ok. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I think most people post about things that affect them adversely or move them.  I am often moved by the deaths of people that I don't know and people I know.  We recently had a young lady die in our town of a heart attack.  No one ever knew she had heart disease.  She was preparing for a trip to the beach with friends and while packing her suitcase, fell ill and dropped to the floor dead.  She was 16.  I not only felt compassion for the family but was moved by it.  This affected a whole community.  Following autopsy and drug testing to prove there was nothing nefarious about her death, her siblings and parents were brought in for testing which proved that another child in the family had the same heart disease, neither of whom had ever suffered any symptoms.  I don't know that every death affects me that way but there are certainly those that do.  I hear of people dying every day and very often I want to share my feelings with others.  Is that strange to some?  Well, so be it.  If it is strange to you that I might want to post that for a sort of relief of my anxiety about this situation, I am sorry.

Rarely do I post about the death of a famous person as that has already been done.  I am really not in a race for first place obituary poster, but I do often feel some kind of sympathy for the family and compassion for the loved ones who are left behind regardless of age. There is a bit of human kindness in me that speaks to my soul.

I disagree in terms of people posting about things that adversely affect or move them.  I think many posters are like town criers.  They want to be the first to let everyone know.  Hence, a post upthread about a race to see who can post first. 

When it comes to people posting about a well known person's death I don't judge why they post, I just appreciate that they do. I like being informed of current events. 

Honored Contributor

Oh man, do I miss the 'Ignore' button.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Funny thing is...apparently the OP is not emotionally connected 

to people they don't know...especially famous people when they pass,

but lord knows if there's a Jenner/Kardashian thread, they're

part of the pack to post emotional, ugly remarks....again,

about people they don't know. 

I guess it's certain famous people about certain famous topics

which makes it ok. 

@sidsmom

Ain't that the truth!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting about deaths of well-known people.  I watch little TV so otherwise would not hear about most of them.  Also, such posts can be good conversation starters.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I use to have a neighbor who would call me whenver she found out a famous person had died to let me know. She was lonely and old and it didn't bother me. Till she called a little after 5 one morning to let me know Flipper from the tv show had passed, lol.

The threads about the latest famous death remind me of my grandmother reading the obituaries first thing when she got the morning paper.

I guess I just thought that the closer you get to your number being up the more interested you are in finding out who beat you to it.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

When posting about love ones that have died, it is finding compassion, helping in ones loss, but famous people we do not know , i don't understand what the reason is.

It's a race to see who can post it first. Kind of morbid.

Yes, that is exactly what it is,the same people seem to do it,it seems like a race,to post first.

Some people can find bad motives in anything.

And some people can complain about anything, even the most trivial things.

I think they need more to do that's constructive...

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Image result for spitting soda gifs