Honored Contributor

This was on our Next Door app.  It may not be original but I thought it was a cute ploy to get your shoveling done. 

1. FREE SNOW SHOVELING CLASS: This Sunday,  Feb 6th, I will be holding a FREE snow shoveling class at my place. Come and join the class and learn about the proper ways to shovel!
    Reviewed techniques will include the scoop and throw method, the down and push method (AKA the plow technique) as well as the upside down scraping technique.
    Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to enhance your snow lifting techniques without throwing your back out! I will provide the sidewalks to ensure your training is conducted in the most life-like situation. I only ask that you bring your own shovel.
    PM me for additional details and times. Spots are limited and handled on a first come first served basis. Hurry, don't delay
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Snow Shoveling Classes

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  It's snowing here right now...DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman  It's working its way South.  Supposed to get here tomorrow morning.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    They forgot "ICE CHIPPING"....(on your front steps).    And "how to shovel a driveway that's on an INCLINE".    

I am a survivor of scrapes, bruises, etc.   ALCOHOL HELPS when you get thru.  (not the "rubbing" kind).      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

Don't underestimate the gullibility of some when they read this offer. One only need look at all the ridiculous scams people fall for nowadays.

I mean, everyone in a 4 season climate should learn the best techniques for manually shoveling snow. Do it wrong and you may suffer from back pain the rest of your life. Why risk it?

I mean, it is free!

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

If he's very lucky, a few people will show up to help him clean up. Good ploy.

Respected Contributor

Lol, clever. Yeah, I think I will hold a lawn mowing, leaf raking class, too. One every two to three weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn    John, I think it was meant to be a joke.  Anyone but a total dummie could see it was tongue-in-cheek.

Honored Contributor

My uncle was stupid enough to come home from hospital and got out (in Ind.) and shoveled snow from the walks and dropped dead from heart attack.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@hckynutjohn    John, I think it was meant to be a joke.  Anyone but a total dummie could see it was tongue-in-cheek.

@Kachina624 

I know, but it wouldn't be the 1st time I have been called a dummy. Ya outta heard what some parents called me when I was the Ref in their kids hockey games. Think dummy was at the bottom of the list. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)