Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

No, I don't think you're sexy and I hate your chopped hair and your plaid pants over the skinny legs,,,,not flattering.  Oh and never liked his voice.  

I never cared for his music or persona.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Such harsh comments. Were people upset when Paul McCartney was knighted? How about the hundreds of other people in the entertainment business also so honored?

I was personally thrilled when Angelina Jolie was honored by HRM Queen Elizabeth and made Dame. AJ was recognized for her humanitarian work.

I felt the same about Elton John (Aids foundation), but PMC- meh.

It's not being 'upset' per se; entertainers really dont get me worked up. I either enjoy their body of work or don't. I have a life of my own which can be plenty interesting.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

taking the posters responses a little personally?

Super Contributor

Thanks so much for posting this, Pearley!

Congratulations to Sir Rod Stewart!  He wears it well - a little out of time, but we don't mind Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

He looks like he's stuck in a hole. I like RS's music but he is trying too hard to fight aging. He should embrace it instead of going for younger and younger women and having children who may well grow up not knowing their father. Yes, I am injecting my opinion into the discussion but these old guys have to grow beyond adolescence.

@Vivian, musicians aside, I think your words are timely pearls of wisdom, if you get my drift.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Such harsh comments. Were people upset when Paul McCartney was knighted? How about the hundreds of other people in the entertainment business also so honored?

I was personally thrilled when Angelina Jolie was honored by HRM Queen Elizabeth and made Dame. AJ was recognized for her humanitarian work.

It's not being 'upset' per se; entertainers really dont get me worked up. I either enjoy their body of work or don't. I have a life of my own which can be plenty interesting.

My reply was mostly directed at a poster who didn't seem to know that musicians and entertainers are knighted often.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Sir Rod Stewart

[ Edited ]

Good for him!  I love his voice.  I have all of his American Classics.  His youngest son looks just like him.  Look at his expression and how he is standing! That boy is going to be something!

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@maestra wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

My reply was mostly directed at a poster who didn't seem to know that musicians and entertainers are knighted often.

I understand now.

Respected Contributor

One hand washes the other.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

One hand washes the other.

Who are the hands washing each other?