Esteemed Contributor

Re: Single Diners - Your Thoughts

@cherry wrote:

She is as entitled to post her opinion, as anyone else is. She asked for an opinion and some people chose to attack her personally

@cherry Unfortunately, some posters feel the need to attack rather than provide constructive opinions.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

I've never, ever minded sitting and eating at the bar. It's really a lot of fun and most everyone is really happy! I don't understand why you referred to yourself as a "leftover".

If there has ever been a time when I was about to be seated somewhere that I wasn't happy with, I just asked to be moved somewhere else. Simple. 

I did NOT refer to myself as a ‘leftover’, but expressed that I did not choose to be treated as one; I suspect you got that, however. I’m not simple :-)

Perhaps it’s time to clarify that I’m not talking about Cracker Barrel, Denny’s, IHOP, or any eating establishment that is an everyday diner type of place or huge national chain.  Those places never turn anyone away, nor do they even have good tables vs bad tables.

I’m speaking of places that have good and “bad” tables, that have views, and/or that have high enough overhead in a volatile industry that you would think they wouldn’t want to put off potential regular customers. Restaurants in a tourist area who cannot make it all year without the return patronage of locals. There is that thing going on at a few places - we’ll tolerate you in January or February when half our tables are empty, but don’t bother from April through September, we neither need nor want you then, bu**er off. 

No, I didnt "get that" at all.  My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

She is as entitled to post her opinion, as anyone else is. She asked for an opinion and some people chose to attack her personally

@cherry Yes! Reading through this thread, clearly it was a free for all for some to use it to personally attack the OP. A differing opinion stated with clarity and respect is completely different from an attack on someone personally. Clearly, some don't understand the difference. And that post about mental issues??Very inappropriate having zilch to do with the topic at hand.

Honored Contributor

I think I would have to ask them where it is posted for all to view that single diners will not be allowed to sit at some of the better tables.  "No shirts, No Shoes, No Companion, No Service must be their philosophy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I haven't read all the responses, so forgive me if this has been suggested.

What about posting your experience on YELP and Facebook - on their FB pages?

That might spark a response.

QVC Customer Care

Closed for commenting.