Honored Contributor

Re: Should you test positive for covid-19...

If I feel up to it, I would post in ALL CAPS!

Smiley Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Should you test positive for covid-19...

@BlueFinch wrote:

@Trinity11 @Johnnyeager Yes, I know that baiting and trolling is a systemic problem throughout social media.  I was on a forum on Amazon for many years that could get horrible, even physical threats.  Some by high profile people (most of you would know), who felt the rules did not apply to them. Unbelievable entitlement.   

Trust me, there are some obnoxious authors I would never buy a book from again. Ammyy finally shut it down. It could happen here, too, if the Q gets tired of moderating for inappropriate behaviors.  

Such people receive secondary gain by trolling, or hurting others. It's important to not let them have that gain by ignoring them. They rabidly seek engagement, that we must not reward.  

If I think I can be of support to just one person, while weeding through an invasive troll patch, I'll still give it a try.  But, I understand that most will choose to be self protective and not put themselves out there. It's a sad situation.  

@BlueFinch  Just reading through some of the replies on the forums, I see some posters claiming how they are not going to change anything they are doing. Even some conspiracy theories have been discussed (I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole as far as debating them).

Such a difference compared to what I just read in our Newspaper about there are more than 200 cases right here on Long Island and some are in intensive care. We also don't have enough tests and I am hearing from some friends that they know people who want to be tested and have been denied. Sigh...